lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I would VASTLY prefer these over a yellow radiant. Very beautiful!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Love 'em! I'm delighted to see more people cutting antique-style stones: I hope this is a trend that's here to stay.

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1303998455|2906974 said:
Yes, I would VASTLY prefer these over a yellow radiant. Very beautiful!

meeeee too! oh my bf is going to hate me... haha i'll be sure to show these little lovlies with him! i NEEEEED one in my life.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE!

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
lol... dammit, you guys need to stop giving me ideas~~ :love:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
truly swoon worthy!! :lickout:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very nice, much nicer than radiants for me, though apparently this cut style won't show as much saturation, based on the write up. I would hate to sacrifice that in a colored stone. I would like to see them in person to know for sure if the cut quality was worth the loss of apparent saturation.

As a note, I would prefer a simpler presentation on the website so the consumer can more easily find pertinent information like price. Just some feedback!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have seen these in person, they are D-LISH!

If I ever have the budget for one I'm going for a brownish yellow, the brown really gives them a yummy honey color!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
The. Most. Beautiful. Reproduction. Cuts. Being. Sold. Today.

People want to have it both ways- a "reproduction" cut but one that's "tweaked" to have a culet the size of a pinprick.

No, these things don't go together.

And a lot of people are being confused about what these cuts actually looked like, what's good about them, and how they should be re-made.

DBL, FTW, hands down.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Imdanny|1325063241|3089916 said:

People want to have it both ways- a "reproduction" cut but one that's "tweaked" to have a culet the size of a pinprick.

And a lot of people are being confused about what these cuts actually looked like, what's good about them, and how they should be re-made.

DBL, FTW, hands down.

I agree. I love these -- they really do capture the spirit of an old cut. Beautiful diamonds, David!

Edit: I love the culet. I love the soft corners. I see they are cut by Yoram F., who I think posts here as Diagem http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/je...t-yellow-double-decker-historic-cut-gia-r4069

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Asscherhalo_lover|1325024524|3089574 said:

If I ever have the budget for one I'm going for a brownish yellow, the brown really gives them a yummy honey color!

They really are beautiful in-person! I'm not a cushion person at all and I thought they were lovely ::)

ITA on the brown, too!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1325084376|3089976 said:
Asscherhalo_lover|1325024524|3089574 said:

They really are beautiful in-person! I'm not a cushion person at all and I thought they were lovely ::)

ITA on the brown, too!

Agreed on all accounts!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just saw this thread yesterday- Thanks everyone!
Dreamer_D said:
Very nice, much nicer than radiants for me, though apparently this cut style won't show as much saturation, based on the write up. I would hate to sacrifice that in a colored stone. I would like to see them in person to know for sure if the cut quality was worth the loss of apparent saturation.

As a note, I would prefer a simpler presentation on the website so the consumer can more easily find pertinent information like price. Just some feedback!

Much appreciated DD!
We are working on a revised format as you read this- one that brings the price and vitals to the top of the page.

Lula|1325074265|3089930 said:
Imdanny|1325063241|3089916 said:

DBL, FTW, hands down.

I agree. I love these -- they really do capture the spirit of an old cut. Beautiful diamonds, David!

Edit: I love the culet. I love the soft corners. I see they are cut by Yoram F., who I think posts here as Diagem http://rockdiamond.com/index.php/je...t-yellow-double-decker-historic-cut-gia-r4069

Correct Lula, DiaGem is Yoram F, the same one that posts here- a very gifted cutter, by any standard!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results