shape
carat
color
clarity

Daydreaming Follow up. Help me choose a band.

Which option

• Garland band for Right Hand

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Garland band for Left Hand

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • BGD Dana Band for Right Hand

Votes: 46 68.7%
  • BGD Dana Band for Left Hand

Votes: 4 6.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You guys helped me a lot in my other thread about what to get as a new job present. I was going to go for the bedroom remodel. But... we're probably moving in November and I want to see if I can sell some of my existing bedroom furniture. I'm still going to get the upgraded bedding and maybe a couple of other pieces, but the full monty will have to wait at least until the new year. And as you guys pointed out, it is more of a couples gift and it can be done slowly.

And the pendant, while wonderful won't fix my craving for bling on the finger. SO.... I think I'm going to go with a band before December.

So here are the questions. I have two styles and two fingers.

First Style-- a band 'inspired by' the garland band below. The proportions of the stones would be the same but the prong work will be much finer and the profile will be different. I love the bling of it all. And if I could find Cakelady's hand pics you guys could see what it looks like on the hand. I've been in love with it since then. I don't have anything that's really minimum metal, all diamond, and feel that maybe I should have a piece like that in my collection. Plus, again... freaking gorgeous.

Second Style-- BGD Dana band, but in all white metal. I love the rose gold, but when I spoke to Lesley the pricing is different for one metal over two. This band is based on a colored stone ring made for a PSer by BGD, but Brian made it into an all diamond band for Lesley and they are willing to remake it for their customers. It's stunning and you all know how I feel about bezels. My earrings are bezels by BGD pendant is bezeled so I feel like this is a nice fit, plus it's just out of this world stunning.

Fingers-- On the one hand (PUN intended) I'd love the band to be a standalone I could wear instead of my wedding set. On the other, I wonder if I'd get more wear out of it as a RHR and more bling cause then I'd have mucho diamonds on both hands :Up_to_something: . My ring fingers are very different sizes though, so I can't just make the ring work for both.

So.. Right hand or Left?

Thanks for your votes! I had trouble posting the pics, and this is my first poll with the new system... so we'll see what happens when I push the button.

AB27502400_main1.jpg

AB27502400_main.jpg

BrianGavin_RoseGold2_072610.jpg

Danas3.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the Dana. I love bezels, too. It would go so well with your other BGD pieces. Your choice of fingers. I would pick the right hand, but if you ever want to do an all BGD-bezel day, you would need it for the left hand. :cheeky:

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Love the BGD band. Was just admiring it on facebook, actually.

I also voted for right hand. If it's bling you're craving, you can't beat being able to wear your wedding set on one hand and that stunner on the other!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Travel Goddess said:
Love the BGD band. Was just admiring it on facebook, actually.

I also voted for right hand. If it's bling you're craving, you can't beat being able to wear your wedding set on one hand and that stunner on the other!

Ditto exactly. TGoddess is in my brain!

Plus I want one myself, so I want to see an all-white version :Up_to_something:

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely the Dana band-that ring is GORGEOUS! The other one just doesn't compare! And I vote right hand as well. The more bling, the better! :bigsmile:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW. I'm surprised. Well, I'm not really. The Dana band is to die for. But I know bezels aren't everyone's thing and the garland band would have a higher carat weight, probably by quite a bit. And well, most die hard Psers are carat weight lovers.

Well, on the plus side, there is no wrong answer. It's win win. And a lovely dilemma to have.

Keep those votes coming. So far...right hand and Dana are kicking major tail in the polls.

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your new job! I voted for Dana band I love it (and hadn't seen it so thanks for sharing) I haven't logged in in ages and your post inspired me to. I voted right hand as I seem to recall you have a magnifent engagement ring and if it were me with two gorgeous rings I'd rather be able to wear both than leave one in the box. Look forward to seeing pics of whatever you choose!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I voted Dana for the right hand for all of the reasons stated above. It would be lovely to be blingy on both hands and I feel the bezel ring is so much more unusual a ring than the other. Not that I don't like the other, I think its beautiful, Dana just spoke to me more.

Enjoy whatever you choose. you deserve it! :appl:
:wavey:

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
The Dana band is just gorgeous!!! I voted for left hand, only because of my own experience. Like you I have different sized fingers on right vs left. I find myself wearing different combinations and stacks with my e-ring on my left hand and all my beautiful rings sized for the right hand are sitting in my jewellery box. I find wearing diamonds on both hands is a bit too much for everyday wear... But if you think you can get enough wear out of the band on your right hand, then definitely go for it.

diamondbuggy

Shiny_Rock
I actually prefer the Garland band. I think it's gorgeous. And definitely for the right hand so you can wear your wedding set too. That way there's more bling!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the Dana band, so I chose that one. I voted 'right hand' also so that you'd have a diamond ring on both hands.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I love a bezel, I really do. But there's something about the garland band that is singing to me.... And I vote right hand as well....

Nashville

Brilliant_Rock
They are both beautiful, but the Dana is definitely something you don't see every day.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I just love the Dana band :love: I also love it in the two colors. I don't recall your current wedding set, so a pic would help me to vote on RH or LH. I'm tempted to tell you to get the original band sized for your RH and wear the Dana on your left, but that may not work. If not, get the Dana for your RH and double your bling factor.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry that I messed up my vote. I meant to vote for Dana right hand ring. Instead, I voted for Garland right hand ring. I was too focused on the right hand ring.

I like the Dana. Strangely, I am not a bezel person, but the Dana speaks to me. It is like love at first sight. There is something about this design that suggests grace and elegance. The Garland, although beautiful, is merely a bunch of diamonds. If I want lots of bling/diamonds, I prefer a simpler, 5-stone ring with bigger rocks instead.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw the glamour shots on BGD's blog; I like that new band. Can't go wrong with either hand. But I do dig the RHR idea.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bezels, all the way. I'd go with a RHR that you can wear all the time!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I think I'm in love with the Dana band. It is so, so beautiful! I'm a big bezel fan myself, and that ring just gives me butterflies.

I voted for wearing it on your right hand. You seem like the sort of lady who can pull off stunning diamond rings on both hands, so I think you should have the option to wear them both at once :)).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Waiting for completed quotes on both.

Of course. Being the VERY VERY BAD Pser that I am I have a devil sitting on my shoulder going ... why not get BOTH. The garland for the left and the Dana for the right. Just get one this year, and the other next year.

TERRIBLE.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gypsy said:
Waiting for completed quotes on both.

Of course. Being the VERY VERY BAD Pser that I am I have a devil sitting on my shoulder going ... why not get BOTH. The garland for the left and the Dana for the right. Just get one this year, and the other next year.

TERRIBLE.

No it's not. Let me be your enabler. Get a garland when you get a raise or a bonus next year :naughty:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LMAO. I was thinking the other way around. The Garland band is 2 plus carats of diamonds. And diamonds are reasonable right now. Metal isn't. The Dana is metal heavy, so I was thinking I'd wait to see if platinum comes down in price cause I'd like that one in platinum. Whereas I'd be fine with the Garland in white gold.

But... as terrible as it is. I want both.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
HANDS DOWN the Dana band. That thing is gorgeous! I have not seen it before and now I want it.

Which hand.... do you like wearing RHRs? I do not, so I would opt for the left hand because I would get more wear out of it. If you like RHRs, then right hand all the way because then you can wear it every day!

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I also voted for the Dana band on the left hand. It's beautiful.

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
My vote is for the bezel band. it is simply STUNNING :love: :love: . I think I would vote buy it for where you think you will wear it most.

GOOD LUCK.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone! Just wanted to follow up. I don't like to grab advice and take up your time and just disappear. Despite the overwhelming majority of votes for the Dana band, which I adore... I am going to get an inspired by Dana band by BGD. I just bought the first diamond for it: a .30 G SI1 so I'm excited.

I will probably want another band next year-- for my right hand. So the Dana is on my long term wishlist. But for where I am now, I just wanted a lot of carat weight weighing down my finger. LOL.

Lots of thanks and lots and hugs to everyone.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
I've been drooling over that Dana band since they posted it on FB. I think both are lovely but the Dana band is more like a piece of art to me. It is very unique

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I guess I'm in the minority - I loooooooove the garland band. I've been drooling over that one for a while now.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy said:
Despite the overwhelming majority of votes for the Dana band, which I adore... I am going to get an inspired by Dana band by BGD. I just bought the first diamond for it: a .30 G SI1 so I'm excited.

I will probably want another band next year-- for my right hand. So the Dana is on my long term wishlist.

So...you're going with the Garland band? You said you were going with the Dana, but then said the Dana was on your long-term wishlist. :cheeky:

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, thanks for posting the link to this thread! I love the garland and you will get so much bling from it. I attached a pic here for you of the one that Bethanny Frankel from Real Housewives of NYC has. It is a good handshot. Not sure the size of each stone that she has. But I love it! :love: :love: :love: Will this be custom thru BGD? What size stones are you using for the smaller stones? I am so excited for you! - new job and new blingy!!! Keep us posted of your progress and your new gig. A version of the garland has been on my wish list for awhile!!!!

bethenney_frankel_wedding_ ring22.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Argh, ate my post. I'm getting an inspired by GARLAND. Sorry for the typo!

EB... Freudian Slip. yes, I was very undecided. It was a hard choice. I love them both for different reasons. I even thought of combining the two (garland with bezels) but ultimately I really just want diamonds and carat weight right now.

Lizzy, we're guessing either pointers to go with the 30 pointers I'm chosing. But I won't know until I see the CADS. For the next couple months I'm going to be buying my 30 pointers as I can afford it. Then early December I'll get CADS for the ring and I hope to have it around Christmas/New Years. So it's a longish term project. That picture you posted looks like the TIffany Band (I want to say Aria, but I'm not sure). I love that one, but the prong placement bothered me so I chose the Blue Nile band as my inspiration because I like where the prongs are located on the stones (although the prongs themselves need lots of work). I am getting it in platinum, and hopefully if I can find all G SI stones then I'll be doing FG VS melee for the smaller stones. We'll see!

Thanks everyone for your vote!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results