shape
carat
color
clarity

David's Bridal Question

Hello BWW,

A friend of mine gave me what I think is a great suggestion - go to David's Bridal because they have a huge selection. Try on dresses of all silhouettes and styles to see what looks good on my body. Then, once I've narrowed it down to a style or two, go to a bridal salon and I will have a better appointment there.

I plan to do this, and my question is this - do all David's Bridal stores have the same and/or similar kinds and number of dresses? There are two in my area, and I'm not sure if I should worry about which one I pick?

I plan to start looking at dresses next month, and I want to do this right!

Thanks much!

A

Anonymous

My friend and I went to a DB in our area and they had a HUGE selection of dresses. She went again in NM when she was visiting her sisters and apparently they are not all the same. She went to two in her area, and one had a much better selection than the other. I'm not sure how you'd really find out which might be better though, other than just dropping in one day to check before making your appointment. Have fun!!! :bigsmile:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I did the same thing. Every dress I wanted to try on was at both David's Bridals that I ended up going to. I would google both locations and see which one has gotten better customer service ratings. And if you're not planning to purchase a dress from there, but just get an idea of shapes, they will have at least one dress in every shape you're interested in, regardless of if they have every dress on the website.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Higher end dresses are going to fit so differently than the David's Bridal gowns. My first dress experience was at DB and I thought I was doomed to look awful in all dresses after trying on about 20 gowns there. THEN, we went to POB and lo and behold I looked like a million bucks in every gown.

I'm not saying that DB doesn't have gowns that are nice and flattering. All I'm saying is that if you are planning on ultimately looking at better quality gowns than what DB carries, the DB appointment may not be what you want it to be (a sort of run-through to see which shapes and styles look best on you.)

Either way, trying on gowns is fun ANYWHERE, so if you go to DB, enjoy!

Thanks for the info, ladies! I'll ask around and see if anyone in the area can recommend one over the other.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results