shape
carat
color
clarity

david wolfe: any experience w/ this appraiser?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nycguy

Rough_Rock
please let me know if anyone''s had positive or negative experiences with this appraiser.

thanks.

nycguy

Rough_Rock
i forgot to meniton that he is located in manhattan.

finchuck

Shiny_Rock
I looked into him but he wanted $174 for my particualr stone. That's a lotta cabbage for just an appraisal.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Most appraisers charge more for internet customers because they want to know more
1.gif

You can eat for $5 or for $50, and get ripped off for $5 and get greeat value for $50
1.gif

I know some people who used David and he was very professional.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
David Wolfe is a qualified and honest appraiser. His Fifth Avenue location, near the jewelry district insures high overhead and a higher minimum cost for an appraisal. Most things cost extra in Manhattan. I believe he will do a good job for you, but certainly he needs to charge according to his high priced location.

nycguy

Rough_Rock
thanks for the messages. does anyone know what to expect to pay just for a sarin report?

thanks.

nycguy

Rough_Rock
it is for a stone we already own - was in the family purchased decades ago. i am assuming/hoping that just asking for a sarin is cheaper than an entire appraisal which i don't need... anyone know how much this costs?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SARIN REPORT LABEL

We charge $10....plus shipping and insurance, when applicable. We do this for the public and dealers.....
Lunch money!!!

beneyrock

Rough_Rock
Yes, I had a 2nd appraisal done on my engagement ring by David Wolf located at 608 5th Ave, in NYC. He was very professional, very knowledgable and very, very nice!!! My ring was never out of my sight and he did not remove my diamond from the setting to do the appraisal. He took a polaroid of my ring for me to keep, which is awesome. Almost looks like a picture of a diamond ring from a magazine. If you have ever taken a picture of a diamond engagement ring on your own, even with a great camera, then you know they come out awful- Anyhow, he was reccommended to me by my jeweler as well as by a friend of a friend in the diamond business. If I recall correctly, David Wolf used to work for the Chubb Insurance Co. doing appraisals. I'd highly reccommend him!!!! Hope this helps. Good Luck!

mercerdnky

Rough_Rock
We went with David for our diamond appraisal. Well worth the price! Of course he provided an unbiased opinion but he also spent a lot of time with us - teaching us. He viewed the diamond twice - unmounted and mounted. Purchasing a diamond on the internet was a big step for us - David helped us feel comfortable that we made the right decision.
wacko.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results