shape
carat
color
clarity

David Klass saves the day with replacement Christmas bangle!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday on the 19th, my extended family - including my god-children - had our regular Christmas celebration. For the last week or so, we've all been madly wrapping and dropping off gifts to the house where we'd be celebrating to shove under the tree to be handed out after lunch yesterday.

So it was only 6 days before said event that my god-kids realized that somehow their gift to me - a solid silver bangle - had gone astray. Everyone panicked! We TORE up the house looking for the bangle, but to no avail. Had it gone down the trash compactor? Had someone stolen it? Had someone (ahem!) taken it to school to show friends and forgotten to bring it home? We didn't know for sure, but we knew for a fact it was gone! The kids were utterly heartbroken.

So 5 days before we were to meet, I emailed Amy, David's business partner, to say "we're having a Christmas emergency - can you help?!"

45 minutes after I sent the email I got a response, asking me what I needed. I had a bangle in rose gold which had been copied to make the silver one, and I happened to have it with me. So Amy, when work had finished on Monday evening, drove to my house to pick up the bangle I already had which she would use to copy. I could not believe it. 11 days before Christmas, Amy was braving the LA evening traffic to pick up my bangle to save my god-kids' bacon!

THE NEXT DAY (Tuesday) she sent me some preliminary photos of a bangle they'd made based on my original, and I (because I have more gall than is good for any one person!) asked for some tweaks! On Friday the bangle was ready, and on Saturday I drove to their store to pick it up.

So this was above and beyond from EVERY direction! But when I got to the store, Amy and David were both there, and brought out two bangles to show me! They'd made them at slightly different widths after my 'tweaking comments' and said I could choose one and they'd scrap the other! Like - seriously! - who are these amazing people??

I chose what I wanted, took it home, and presented it back to the kids with a 'look what I found down the back of the bed' type story, and they were thrilled.

So this is just a massive shout out to David and Amy for going utterly above and beyond; you really saved our Christmas bacon!

_35690.jpg

bangle1.jpg

bangle6.jpg

_35691.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: David Klass saves the day with replacement Christmas ban

And here's a couple of photos of the bangles with my recently re-made ruby and diamond ring, and also with my new eternity which was tweaked and which I picked up yesterday also. The new eternity is absolutely perfect and the workmanship is second to none.

Really happy with all my new purchases and looking forward to new projects in the new year! Merry Christmas, everyone, and blessings to you and yours!

_35692.jpg

bangle5.jpg

bangle8.jpg

bangle9.jpg

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Wow, rushing an order in 5 days is amazing and 2 to boot, while ready to scrap one! Amazing CS! :clap: All your new bling is beautiful and you're a fabulous god-mother for doing that for the kids. :appl: Have a great Christmas!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks thecat - and Merry Christmas to you too. :)

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock

Thou very sweet of them it takes no time at all to make a silver bangle lol

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

An amazing story! You are one terrific godparent for sparing those sweet kids! The truth will all come out one day and everyone will have a great chuckle about it. There really are some Christmas miracles all around us! I love it!

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great story, glad it had a very happy ending! ;)) :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow, now that is what I call customer service! :appl: Lovely bangles! The eternity turned out great! I love seeing the ruby ring again, too! You have quite a nice collection of DK pieces!

What is going to be really funny is if the original bracelet turns up! :lol:

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock

That's amazing! Everything I read about DK & staff is amazing. :clap: Thanks for sharing your story & pics! All of your pieces are beautiful! :appl:

LateBloomer28

Rough_Rock

I love your story - so full of Christmas spirit!!!! You're such a generous godmother; those dear children are lucky to have you. And DK continues to inspire not only with his beautiful pieces, but with his great CS as well. Love all your pieces - need more pics of your new solitaire with your eternity!! :love: :love: Have a very Merry Christmas!

Rena7

Shiny_Rock

What wonderful customer service. I have one dk piece and am thinking about having another made. This certainly makes me think that I should go ahead and contact David after Christmas.

Enjoy your bangle, it is beautiful.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How sweet of David and his team. Congrats!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thanks everyone - it really was an extraordinary situation and DK rose to the occasion in ways I didn't expect!

And diamondseeker - I've wondered about that! My 'creativity' falls short of that situation!! :)

Hoping you all had a very Merry Christmas!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results