shape
carat
color
clarity

David Klass' new Uber-bench meets my new 3.12ctw Cluster Earrings

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mentioned in the thread about my new bangles and pendant that I had a couple more projects in the works. It's tax refund time and bonus time in this household - and that means PROJECT TIME! :D

2017 is my 'get everything set' year. I've had SO many things laying around waiting for setting or repairing or tweaking, and this is the year!

These earrings hold a pair of diamonds that came out of a dated pair of earrings some time ago. They're beautiful diamonds - BN Sig cuts, both .68, one H SI1 and one G SI1. The surrounding stones are each 11 pts, meaning that they come in at 3.12ctw and are roughly 12.5mm (or half an inch) wide. I asked for surrounding stones of matching quality, so these things are off the chain for sparkle!

DK has recently hired an uber-bench. They've asked me not to mention for whom he previously worked, but I can safely say that it's a jewelry house I certainly can't afford! Apparently he works quite slowly, so if you're in a rush, you'll never get him as your bench. But I was happy to wait - and I can definitely say it was worth it! The workmanship is precise and tiny-tiny. Needless to say I am THRILLED with my new pieces.

Without further ado - my new 3.12 ctw cluster earrings....

IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2722.JPG

IMG_2724.JPG

IMG_2729.JPG

bpadgett58

Rough_Rock
absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy wearing these lovelies ;-)

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blooming heck, these are beautiful!! I love your growing collection, you lucky lady!

Can we see ear shots please?

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Love the arrows shots!:appl:We need to see some ear shots next, please!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And now I'm tacking on the other piece I picked up today - also done by their new bench.

This is a .79ct I SI2 (eye clean) pear that I picked up during a Fall Sale at GOG. It cost me the princely sum of $800 and I LOVE it. The faceting is beautiful - not quite modern, not quite antique - and a beautiful shape. I asked DKJ to halo it with 3pt stones which are slightly whiter and make it pop beautifully, and the whole thing is set in 18kt yellow gold. Oddly enough, of all the things I've picked up recently, I think this might be my favorite. The prong work on this is minute, and the inverted V on the pear is a very clever way to address a pointed stone. I LOVE this. Just to add - the black patch in the middle is my dark wood ceiling fan. Shoulda gone into a different room...

20170408_151845_resized.jpg

20170408_152017_resized.jpg

20170408_152012_resized.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, your earrings and your pear necklace are beautiful! Have any ear shots of your earrings?

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yummmmmmm :love: These are all lovely!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Seriously beautiful.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some people have delightfully dainty ear lobes. Sadly, that's not me. Hopefully this is just for perspective; it's not an even halfway fair representation of how gorgeous these earrings are. It also looks like there's a gap between the stones in this photo. There definitely isn't - I have no idea what's going on there.

20170408_170834-2.jpg

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats I love flower style halo anything and yours are beautiful!!!

Q

Queenie60

Absolutely beautiful pieces. Love, Love the earrings; and the pear pendant - stunningly gorgeous. Enjoy them!!! You have a great collection Mrs. B

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow as I already wrote in the cluster ring thread...THUD!
And enough said.:mrgreen:

:love::love::love:

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings MsB!!! They look wonderful on you!! The entire set is Gorgeous! The cluster earrings, pendant and sapphire ring are gorgeous blingy flowers!! So lovely! Your pear pendant is TDF!! Congrats and Enjoy!!! :love::love::appl::appl::dance:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful earrings and look terrific on you! And yay for getting things set!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Just beautiful! I love all of your pieces. I really need to go to David's office and see him. I have quite a few things that I would like to have reworked. How exciting for you that you were able to work with David's new bench person. The work is beautiful. I love cluster pieces. Congratulations!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love::love::love: I've said this before, but I love the way you have matching sets!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous earrings. I've always loved floral/clusters, and seeing these reminds me why!

lynahs1295

Shiny_Rock
these earrings are so goegeous!!!! just stunning :love::love:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bpadgett – will do!

alex – I’m so glad you like them! And growing collections are AWESOME!

m-2-b – Thanks! I was pleased the hearts and arrows were apparent on at least one earring. I couldn’t get both earrings to face directly ahead in the photos, so I never got both at once. They’re gorgeous stones, tho, and I’m very happy with them.

Thanks, tyty! I did ear shots just for you! They’re horrible looking, as my ear shots always are - but I did them!

Lol – thanks, Hayley!

JLW05 – diamond jewelry is a serious thing! :) Thank you for your kind comments.

Thanks, arkie! Cluster jewelry was out of fashion for so long. But my love for it has been true and eternal, so it’s great to see it come back into style. And now I’m thinking about pulling the center stone out of the pendant and putting in a larger, G colored one so it matches the surrounding stones, and so I can do away with the bezel, as the ring and earrings don’t have a bezel. It would also be a round brilliant, rather than an OEC.

Thanks, Queenie! I’ve been working on my collection for decades, and I really like where it’s headed. :)

<helping missy to her feet> Thanks, missy!

Hi Zesty! I’m so glad you like the pendant – it’s my favorite. The setting is just faultless – I’m so pleased with it!

Thanks, alene! And yes – a BIG yay for getting things set; it’s so satisfying.

luv2sparkle – I can’t recommend DKJ’s new bench highly enough. I consider myself to be picky, and I can’t find a single fault or misstep with these pieces; just gorgeous! And thank you for the nice compliments. :)

ac117 – thank you! Do you think I’m getting toooo ‘matchy-matchy’ tho? I like things which don’t look identical, but which complement each other. Your thoughts on this? I'm thinking of pulling out the OEC at the center of the pendant, and putting in a rb which is larger, so removes the need for a bezel. I think the set would look more cohesive then, but I'm not sure....

Hi canuk-gal – Thank you! I love ‘em too!

lynahs – thank you so much!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woah, gorgeous earrings!!! :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah your earrings are perfection!!! :love::love::love: I love your cluster collection, each piece is gorgeous and your pear pendant is SO pretty! Everything is amazingly beautiful! :appl:

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your cluster set is gorgeous! They are absolute perfection and for the record I don't think they are too "matchy-matchy". I think sets are very classic in style.

Your pear pendant is also lovely.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ac117 – thank you! Do you think I’m getting toooo ‘matchy-matchy’ tho? I like things which don’t look identical, but which complement each other. Your thoughts on this? I'm thinking of pulling out the OEC at the center of the pendant, and putting in a rb which is larger, so removes the need for a bezel. I think the set would look more cohesive then, but I'm not sure....

I honestly don't think it's TOO matchy-matchy at all! The subtle differences (sapphire center in the ring, bezel of the center stone in the necklace, etc...) help set them apart from each other. Even if you change the center of the necklace to a larger stone, I think the pop of color in the ring provides enough contrast. And let's be honest, anyone who sees you wearing these babies are going to be way too blinded by the bling to even think about the matchiness! :mrgreen:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol - yaaaay! :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, how beautiful! What a lovely set! :love:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I mentioned in the thread about my new bangles and pendant that I had a couple more projects in the works. It's tax refund time and bonus time in this household - and that means PROJECT TIME! :D

2017 is my 'get everything set' year. I've had SO many things laying around waiting for setting or repairing or tweaking, and this is the year!

These earrings hold a pair of diamonds that came out of a dated pair of earrings some time ago. They're beautiful diamonds - BN Sig cuts, both .68, one H SI1 and one G SI1. The surrounding stones are each 11 pts, meaning that they come in at 3.12ctw and are roughly 12.5mm (or half an inch) wide. I asked for surrounding stones of matching quality, so these things are off the chain for sparkle!

DK has recently hired an uber-bench. They've asked me not to mention for whom he previously worked, but I can safely say that it's a jewelry house I certainly can't afford! Apparently he works quite slowly, so if you're in a rush, you'll never get him as your bench. But I was happy to wait - and I can definitely say it was worth it! The workmanship is precise and tiny-tiny. Needless to say I am THRILLED with my new pieces.

Without further ado - my new 3.12 ctw cluster earrings....

IMG_2718.jpg

IMG_2722.JPG

IMG_2724.JPG

IMG_2729.JPG

WOW! everything you own I covet! nicely of course.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom - thank you! You're welcome to share. :) (can I share that gorgeous dragonfly??)

Thanks, Junebug! I'm thinking about pulling the bezeled center out of the pendant and inserting a larger diamond. I'll take it in to DKJ at some point and see if it's possible. I'm not sure if it would mean ripping apart the whole thing, which seems hardly worth it....

Thank you, Poodles4me - I love 'classic'. I think it's my favorite-of-all compliment! I'm too old to do 'faddish' - everything I buy now, I want to have for the rest of my life.

ac117 - I LAUGHED when I saw your comment! Blinded by bling certainly works for me!! I appreciate your comments about the matchiness, tho - I have enough diamonds hanging around at the moment to redo the pendant, in fact, and am thinking about going that route.

Diamondseeker - thank you! You know I love every jewelry project you do and never - EVER - thought I'd want to own a VCA piece...until I saw your bracelet! Holy WOW! Are you going to JCK this year? I'm thinking about it....

Laughing here, Tekate! So long as you covet them in a NICE way - then that's ok! Thank you for your kind comments. :)

Sagefemme

Shiny_Rock
I can't believe you malign your lobes, mrs-b. I think they are lovely and if they were too dainty they wouldn't support your fabulous earrings! And the pendant.......wow. I'm going to seek your design opinion next time I have a project. You have great taste!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results