shape
carat
color
clarity

David Klass has outdone himself...

Josh_loveofjewels

Rough_Rock
Hello all!

Sadly after my grandma died a relative had my grandmothers retro diamond engagement ring was taken apart. Fortunately I was lucky enough to get most of the diamonds out of the ring, with the exception of one emerald cut diamond. I turned to a local jeweler to restore the mounting and what he did was remake the ring, and remake it poorly.

This was a ring that my grandfather designed for my grandmother and it was now completely destroyed. I spent years poring over photos of my grandmother wearing the ring and fortunately there were some really detailed shots and I had a great memory! I also spent countless hours pouring over Lang's archive to get a feel for details that would be authentic to the period. This really turned into somewhat of a research project.

Anyway, I found pricescope and you all led me to David Klass. Now after 3 years and 70 + CADS the ring is complete. David was beyond patient with me and really made the project so wonderful. Enjoy!
Screen Shot 2024-01-24 at 8.17.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2024-01-24 at 8.17.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2024-01-24 at 8.17.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2024-01-24 at 8.18.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2024-01-24 at 8.19.05 PM.png

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Oh that is neat! Any idea on the time period?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That's a whole lot of work!

Question: were you serious when you said 70 CADs? And were you charged for any of these? Because that's extraordinary, at the very least.

I hope this brings you many warm memories and much joy.

Josh_loveofjewels

Rough_Rock
Wow! That's a whole lot of work!

Question: were you serious when you said 70 CADs? And were you charged for any of these? Because that's extraordinary, at the very least.

I hope this brings you many warm memories and much joy.

70 is an understatement. And I had him ship my stones back so I could mull things over. Quote never changed and he was a total professional the whole time. It really was a very laborious project. I would have fired me a long time ago :)

Josh_loveofjewels

Rough_Rock
70 is an understatement. And I had him ship my stones back so I could mull things over. Quote never changed and he was a total professional the whole time. It really was a very laborious project. I would have fired me a long time ago :)

Also, I was not charged. He encouraged me to make as many changes as I needed. He also sent 2 models.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is literally art. I love it & I can totally imagine my own grandmother rocking this back in the 70’s. It’s so unique & chunky! Well done for persevering & getting it spot on. Do you have any pictures of the original on your grandmothers hand?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am glad that you were able to recreate your Grandmother's ring. I'm sure it brings back fond memories of your Grandparents.

70+ CADS...DKJ team members must all be saints!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all!

Sadly after my grandma died a relative had my grandmothers retro diamond engagement ring was taken apart. Fortunately I was lucky enough to get most of the diamonds out of the ring, with the exception of one emerald cut diamond. I turned to a local jeweler to restore the mounting and what he did was remake the ring, and remake it poorly.

This was a ring that my grandfather designed for my grandmother and it was now completely destroyed. I spent years poring over photos of my grandmother wearing the ring and fortunately there were some really detailed shots and I had a great memory! I also spent countless hours pouring over Lang's archive to get a feel for details that would be authentic to the period. This really turned into somewhat of a research project.

Anyway, I found pricescope and you all led me to David Klass. Now after 3 years and 70 + CADS the ring is complete. David was beyond patient with me and really made the project so wonderful. Enjoy!
Screen Shot 2024-01-24 at 8.17.06 PM.png Screen Shot 2024-01-24 at 8.17.31 PM.png Screen Shot 2024-01-24 at 8.17.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2024-01-24 at 8.18.55 PM.png Screen Shot 2024-01-24 at 8.19.05 PM.png

David Klass (and team) are incredible. The time spent with such attention to detail recreating a sentimental ring I am sure will be cherished. Congratulations!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a truly special piece. I too would love to see it in it's original setting but I have no doubt DK would make it spectacular! You will cherish this forever!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results