shape
carat
color
clarity

David Atlas Certification vs. actual GIA or AGS cert?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

erniepaul

Rough_Rock
Okay so I''m interested in purchasing a diamond but, I''m not sure how to compare an AGA-CERT from David Atlas vs. the GIA or AGS. Any suggestions or comments?
Help
Ernie

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The AGA-CERT gives you the facts of cutting such as those found on an AGS or EGL document. The color and clarity grading will be in line with GIA and/or AGSL grading.

AGA is a much smaller operation and far more regional in scope than the big guys, but we don't waste your time or ours with overgrading stones. We get work from many retailers and diamond dealers because we charge fair prices and deliver rapidly, but not because we sell ourselves out for the almighty dollar.

It takes years to gain a degree of respect, but only a few seconds to lose it. A good reputation is worth a lot more than a few extra dollars.

With that said, we have great respect for the work of GIA and AGSL. Basically, we use the GIA system to the best of our ability. That's the best we can offer.

Now there will be those who claim that only GIA or AGSL can do the job. In spite of their huge success and wide acceptance, they sometimes make errors of judgement like the rest of us regular people.

AGA offers free verification services to anyone with an AGA report. We want to be sure you are getting the diamond represented. The big boys don't offer this sort of personal support to consumers. We think consumers are the real reason for the whole jewelry business and make every effort to give the kind of service required by the public. The major labs consider the public more of a nuisance and really cater to members of the jewelry trade. That's their main concern, while ours is the concerns of the consumer.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I can vouch for the grading put out by AGA. It is right in line with GIA or AGS. Very strict, no-nonsense grading.

Much more cut grading info than a GIA report, with the categories being even a little tighter than the AGS cut grading categories.

Number of employees and tradition aside, the AGA report on it's own stands shoulder to shoulder with an AGS report, and on the shoulders of a GIA report.

Almost as good as mine...

Heh heh heh

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results