shape
carat
color
clarity

DAVEJTHOMAS

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rat_boy

Rough_Rock
Hi, has anyone had any experiences, or heard of any stories, regarding DAVEJTHOMAS? He's a diamond seller on EBAY from Jew Jersey. Claims to have been a GIA instructor.

I've been corresponding with him about some of his stock and am close to making a purchase. So far he's been very responsive and helpful. I just want to make sure that no one's got any horror stories.

Thanks!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
no $ dealings with him.
But he has a high opinion of his proffesional skills (because he worked for God = GIA) and often maintains people prefer diamonds with very large tables. (I do too, but only those with very precise combinations of crown and pavilion angle).

let us know how you go with Gods right hand man.

rat_boy

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks for the info. Dave's been quite responsive to my enquiries and so far the experience has been quite good. Wish me luck. This is the first time I've bought such an expensive item off the net, so I'm going to start out inexpensive and cautious and then maybe move up from there.

This is one of the diamonds I'm considering out of Dave's stock. What's your opinion?

emerald cut
0.78 ct
5.97 x 4.62 x 3.20
depth: 69.2%
table: 74%
crown: 10.40%
pavilion: 54.20%
girdle: sl. thick to thick

Re: large tables....Yes, it seems that even the antique european cut stones that Dave has in stock have relatively large tables.

Oops, sorry if I offended anyone...spelled New Jersey wrong.

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
What's his ebay id? Davejthomas as a seller on ebay has zero feedback!!!!!?????

ladyluck

Rough_Rock
Davidjthomas looks as if that's the name. In his about me page he claims his policy is 100% money back guarantee. However, if you look at his feedback closely you will notice that he has subtracted ebay fees from customers not satisfied in the past. Keep in mind that ebay fees can be quite substantial. Also, one customer claims that their appraisal was less than the actual cost of the item. Always read feedback carefully before making such a HUGE purchase.

If you still decide to go with this seller I would take him up on his offer of accepting payment through escrow. This way you have an element of protection through ebay.

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results