shape
carat
color
clarity

Dave Atlas in the GIA Lab Coat

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A rare photo of me in a GIA Lab outfit. I just took the GIA diamond beauty test...Tucson Gem Show 2003

Mvc-032s.jpg

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A photo during the test.

Mvc-031s.jpg

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Cute photo, David. Could you tell more about the test? Anything surprising or unusual?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nothing truly unusual.

Three sets of four diamonds to not touch, only observe and then rate in a subjective order of "beauty" and then verbally recount what the reasons were for making the choice.
You could have tied results because for 4 diamonds you were allowed to only rate them 1, 2 or 3.

Then, two more sets of three diamonds to move around and place in order of "beauty" were supplied.

The lighting was cool white fluorescent at about 20" combined with a little bit of LED lighting to add sparkle. The amount of power supplied to the LED's was adjusted to a rather low setting, but controlled with a digital control box for consistency. A nice lighting scenario. One that could be considered as a "standard", but not one I'd recognize and an existing standard.

DSA in GIA Coat 2003.jpg

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cute Dave
1.gif

The white jacket is to provide a degree of consistant color and tone of environment.

Where were the LED's placed, how many etc?
What % light came from them vs the fluoro?

Was all the light box grey?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
You look quite dashing, Dave!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Responses to Garry;

"The white jacket is to provide a degree of consistant color and tone of environment." Yes. They did explain that.

Where were the LED's placed, how many etc? There was a long row but only about eight appeared to be somewhat dimly activated.

What % light came from them vs the fluoro? The majority, but it was not "bright" lighting in total.

Was all the light box grey? Yes!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Martin Haske asked me if they had painted a bullseye on the back of the lab coat. I told him that was a special limited edition they had reserved just for him if he showed up.
1.gif

Serg

Ideal_Rock
Trade
GIA would use tuxedo for this test.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cute Dave,
And SO professional.
9.gif

Judy
:)

newenglandgemlab

Shiny_Rock
Hi Dave,

I have often talked to my partner about wearing lab coats over our casual duds so we don't have to spend much on looking professional. Now I have more ammunition....better to color grade in my dear!! I will order several tomorrow and put our logo on them. Maybe just the AGS logo! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results