shape
carat
color
clarity

Dave Atlas AGA cut rules...when he''s right, he''s right!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

folske

Rough_Rock
I received my princess (purchased thru Whiteflash) from Dave Atlas today. Dave rated it a 1A, which I was extremely pleased about.

The diamond is most certainly a 1A in my book! I'd guess I've seen approx 30-40 diamonds in town at all sorts of jewelers from maul to Shane to Jared to Molina (locally owned) and other locals. I saw some I liked (Shane but uncerted and $$$$, some I hated (Jared's Leo). I started to form an opinion of what I thought looked good and seemed to be in line with Dave's charts.

Well...I finally found a what I thought looked like a great diamond by my own research as well as the AGA charts at Whiteflash. I questioned; however, how well the charts would translate to beauty. Question no longer! wow! :-o The diamond is beautiful and sparkles better than any I'd seen locally.

Thanks Dave for providing a great baseline for shoppers of fancy cuts.

If fancy shopping (princess), IMHO, go to the local stores, start to see what you like, use the AGA charts, be patient, find it, send it to Dave for a final look over, and you should end up with a fantastic diamond. I know I did!

I'll post pics when I can...

Robert

P.S. .... thanks to Leslie at Whiteflash. Class organization to work with!

:appl:

My Diamond:
AGA Certed 1A
Cut/Color/Clarity: Princess/F/VS2 (GIA certed)
Weight: 1.24 c
WxL: 5.89x6.27 (1.06 ratio)
Total Depth: 4.12mm or 69.9%
Pavil Depth: 3.43mm or 58.2%
Pavil Ang: 57.9 degrees
Crown Height: 9.8%
Crown Ang: 33.1 degrees
Table Size: 4.00mm or 67.9%
Girdle: .12mm or 2.0%
$ 5965.00 USD

mbn

Shiny_Rock
Did you pay the vendor for diamond after Dave sent you the results or before you send Dave the stone for appraisal?

folske

Rough_Rock
I had the diamond sent to Dave from Whiteflash. He appraised and gave me the report. I had the option to then reject the diamond and send back to Whiteflash, and only pay shipping, or accept the diamond. I now have 7 days to claim a full money back (minus shipping) guarantee should I see the diamond in person and/or have it appraised again and become unsatisfied (which I won't! :)) )

Overall, Whiteflash and Dave both made me feel extremely comfortable with the internet buying process.

BTW, anyone looking to engage Dave's services will be happy to know he is quite accessible and willing to explain everything about his process and your diamond's cut to you 1 on 1. Very helpful!

mbn

Shiny_Rock
That is very nice to have option to just pay shipping and reject the diamond. Of course, you'd want to make sure it's the diamond of your choice pretty sure that it's good cut, color, and clarity in order not to have to reject it and pay shipping.

I haven't found one local store that let you send diamond for appraisal w/out paying $ up front full amount.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In my area there are many retail B&M jewelers that will provide the same service, without up front payment, that many Internet vendors provide. It is a matter of convincing a retailer that AGA can be trusted and that YOU are SERIOUS.

Retailers can readily check out the credentials of D. Atlas & Co., Inc. as we are JBT members and have a #1 credit rating in the "red book". We have been a family business since 1898 on the same block. I am the grandson of the founder. (We breed rather slowly).

There is no good reason to have any seller force you into a corner with a "buy it now or get out" approach. You can check it out. We know how to help you and the AGA Cut Class charts can give you some knowledge and leverage in getting the "right" diamond.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results