shape
carat
color
clarity

Daughter''s Ruby Graduation Present

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter graduates college on Friday and my husband and I wanted to give her something special. She''s not a big jewelry person [hardcore athlete, went thru school on a full ride] but has started to appreciate finer jewelry. We''re hoping she likes this and if not Mom will gladly take it off her hands!!! It''s a .61 carat princess cut ruby with .40 ctw of diamonds surrounded and on bail and is set in 18 kt white gold with a bead chain. What do you think?

Lisruby1.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s another picture..........

Lisruby2.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!

I think it''s absolutely gorgeous! Very very special.

It''s especially fun that it''s a princess cut...don''t see that very often.

Have you given it to her yet? Is she just thrilled?

widget

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautful graduation gift! Your daughter has nice parents. Where did you get the pendant?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
sweet

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom, that is a GORGEOUS necklace! Congratulations to your daughter and may she wear it in good health!

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I think its amazing. I love rubies and I think its an extra special gift for graduation.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys! I just love the color. The pictures just don''t do it justice.

Widget, we haven''t given it to her yet. We''re are going up there on Thursday and taking her out to dinner and will give it to her then.

Cind11, we got the pendant from our local jeweler. The name is Rolland Jewelers. They are family owned and carry some very nice jewelry.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
It''s so pretty and I think she''ll love it. Pendants are a good choice for none jewelry types.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to you daughter! Beautiful necklace. I''m sure she will cherish it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a gorgeous necklace, I''m sure she''ll be thrilled with it!!!
30.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation! That pendant is a lovely and unique keepsake that I''m sure she will treasure.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
She''ll love it! It''s beautiful, and how nice she can think of you and graduation when she wears it.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s downright gorgeous, and a beautiful, thoughtful present!!! It''s a wonderful piece to commemorate such an accomplishment. (And I''d gladly run away with it too if she doesn''t!!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful jewellery choice for a job well done. Congrats to your daughter.

cheers--Sharon

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I only wish my parents had as good taste (mom owns one, count it, ONE piece of jewelry: her fused wedding set).

She''ll love it!

path914

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! It looks like an excellent choice for a graduation gift.

fafa

Shiny_Rock
Wow...what a beautiful pendant!!! Love the contrast between the ruby and the diamonds.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful! I have a chain like that and *love* it. It is actually my favorite because of the sparkle. Let us know if she likes it!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
How beautiful and congratulations to your family for her accomplishment! Just a note on the bead chain, it is on the fragil side because I have borken 2 gold chains like that myself. It may be helpful to remind her to not wear it during her sport competitions. :)

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it but I am very partial to rubies...I am sure she will love it and cherish it...is ruby her birthstone?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks sooo much, everyone. I just hope that she likes it as much!

Zhuzhu, thanks so much for the caution on the chain. I''ll be sure to let her know not to wear it during workouts or games although she usually just wears her number on a chain.

Diamondfan, no her birthstone is actually emerald but she doesn''t like green so much and she does like red.

Thanks again everyone. We''ll find out if she likes it tomorrow night.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
beautiful pendant catmom! congrats on your daughters graduation (and the full ride!
36.gif
)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CatMom, that is a beautiful pendant--she will love it!
30.gif
Congrats on her graduation!
36.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
it''s gorgeous!!! congrats ot your daughter - she would be crazy NOT to love it!! heeh!
30.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I Love it and I am sure your daughter will to. Congrats to your daughter.

Linda

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have worn a chain like that for almost everyday for 4 years and I have never had problems with it.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2006 4:39:57 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I have worn a chain like that for almost everyday for 4 years and I have never had problems with it.
Thanks Tacori! I''m glad to hear that you have had no problems with a bead chain!

Alastor

Rough_Rock
Exceptional.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL COLOR!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results