shape
carat
color
clarity

Dark Titanium & WG Men''s bands...rhodium plating?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nengland

Rough_Rock
She has her ring, and now I''m looking for mine.
1.gif

I like the contrasting look of this white gold and dark titanium (not to mention the price!), but one thing has me worried. I''m worried that as time goes by and the white gold yellows... well, I can''t just have it replated with rhodium since it will cover the titanium and spoil the style.

Is that a reasonable concern? Is the yellowing of white gold overstated? Platinum is out of the budget.

115231TG.jpg

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
Usually the yellowing is overstated, usually in an effort to upsell into platinum. My wedding band is wg, and is only slightly offwhite. I would compare it to a GIA H-I color diamond, or an EGL G. If price has you concerned try palladium. It is similar to gold in price but never needs to rhodium plated. And if you need to purify hydrogen all you need to do is heat your Pd ring.
2.gif

I would stay with wg though; it is easier to polish (eg it will polish smooth unlike a platinum group metal), easier to have maintained down the road (Pd sizing material costs the same as Pt), and isn't the cheap sibling to a more glamorous metal.

also, titanium and tungsten carbide rings cannot be sized. when you send your ring to the manufacturer then make a new one, and if the style is discontinued... something "equivalent."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results