shape
carat
color
clarity

Dan''s new sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! And another oval! :)

dan sapphire.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks more like a blue spinel.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hm. Not sure what to make of that one. Especially if, as his stones have shown in the past, the real thing is darker than the pics.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 11:17:46 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Hm. Not sure what to make of that one. Especially if, as his stones have shown in the past, the real thing is darker than the pics.
Someone informed me that he's changed his camera setup to make the pictures look more true to life. We'll have to wait until someone buys, posts and compares. It appears to have some green and is on the dark side.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock

Someone said that he had recently changed his photo settings...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:27:40 PM
Author: karee888

Cool. I missed that. Will be interesting to see if how his photos do now compared to the real thing.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:32:45 PM
Date: 3/28/2009 11:27:40 PM

Author: karee888

Cool. I missed that. Will be interesting to see if how his photos do now compared to the real thing.

Yeah...maybe the person who got the new purple spinel could post her vendor and personal pics soon...

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/28/2009 11:25:07 PM
Author: Chrono

Someone informed me that he''s changed his camera setup to make the pictures look more true to life. We''ll have to wait until someone buys, posts and compares. It appears to have some green and is on the dark side.
I assume he did so from input based on PS''ers??? If so, it''s good to know that the vendors are "listening" to the consumer and making positive changes.
emsmile.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I asked Dan about this stone. It is green with 25% blue. It is untreated and from Australia.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I just recently bought this, and had the same questions for Dan about his photo changes, as I wanted quite a specific colour.
His answer was that they should be at least a little closer than before.
I will be happy to post comparison pics in the vendor/buyer thread once it''s here, although I''m anticipating
it being quite close
5.gif

97NamRnd-10.jpg

knitwit

Rough_Rock
Love the color on that stone Jane...reminds me of the pictures you see of the water in Hawaii...Gorgeous!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/28/2009 11:53:21 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 3/28/2009 11:25:07 PM

Author: Chrono

Someone informed me that he''s changed his camera setup to make the pictures look more true to life. We''ll have to wait until someone buys, posts and compares. It appears to have some green and is on the dark side.

I assume he did so from input based on PS''ers??? If so, it''s good to know that the vendors are ''listening'' to the consumer and making positive changes.
emsmile.gif
It was me. Here''s what he said:
I just did some work on calibrating my monitor last night, and wow...that sapphire picture sure looks lighter to me now. After reading the PS posts about vendor photos, I checked to see if what I was seeing in photoshop matched what was showing on the internet and there was a big difference. Anyway, I should have my pictures for the internet a lot closer in the future.

I just got one of his blue green montana sapphires, and I think that the new sapph picture is probably similar to irl. If it''s the ''Dan factor'' darker than that, then it''s gonna be a dark one. Someone''s gonna have to take one for the team and interview one of these new stones so we can find out.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 9:12:04 AM
Author: mercoledi

:

I just got one of his blue green montana sapphires, and I think that the new sapph picture is probably similar to irl. If it''s the ''Dan factor'' darker than that, then it''s gonna be a dark one. Someone''s gonna have to take one for the team and interview one of these new stones so we can find out.
Hey merc,
pls see above. This photo was taken after Dan''s changes to his photos.

Thankyou knitwit! That is a lovely description, and I hope it looks as pretty IRL
1.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Hiya AJ,
Dan's referring to my montana, not the one that you posted. Mine had a picture taken under the old system, the picture you posted of yours is similar to my pictures of mine. Bet it's lovely! When do you get that sucker?

(Sorry, shouldn't post pre-coffee
9.gif
)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can''t wait to see the comparison AJ.

And I''m glad Dan listened too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ,
That''s a very bright and pleasant colour. If it''s accurate, you''d be salivating all over it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like a great color if it''s true to life. It reminds me of montana sapphires.
36.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 9:35:37 AM
Author: mercoledi
Hiya AJ,
Dan''s referring to my montana, not the one that you posted. Mine had a picture taken under the old system, the picture you posted of yours is similar to my pictures of mine. Bet it''s lovely! When do you get that sucker?

(Sorry, shouldn''t post pre-coffee
9.gif
)
Hi merc,
yes I realize that!
I just highlighted the fact that I will be "taking one for the team and interviewing" this new, post-photo adjustment, gem
1.gif
Hrmm..hope that makes sense now?..

Thankyou Freke.
And Chrono - yep I agree, its just a shame he couldn''t cut another for me , lol !
9.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 6:15:40 AM
Author: arjunajane

I just highlighted the fact that I will be ''taking one for the team and interviewing'' this new, post-photo adjustment, gem
1.gif
Hrmm..hope that makes sense now?..
:bigsmile:]

Yup, sure does! Thanks for the sacrifice, what a lovely way to help us all out. Is that a sapphire or a tourmaline? Stats? It''s a great color.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought Dan''s new sapphire and I can''t wait to see it. He told me it is teal in color (which is my favorte color) with green flashes.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 1:08:36 PM
Author: Linda W
I just bought Dan''s new sapphire and I can''t wait to see it. He told me it is teal in color (which is my favorte color) with green flashes.
Exciting! Congrats :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay!!! Now you should have him send it to me so I can take pics and post them. Then I''ll send it to you!!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 1:13:55 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Yay!!! Now you should have him send it to me so I can take pics and post them. Then I''ll send it to you!!!

Oh sure Liz, like I''ll ever see it again
11.gif
9.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh, congrats Linda!!!

Maybe we should all chip in and get you a macro camera for an upcoming birthday!!
31.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 1:43:37 PM
Ooh, congrats Linda!!!

Maybe we should all chip in and get you a macro camera for an upcoming birthday!!
31.gif

Oh you are tooooooooooooooooooo funny T-Gal
9.gif

I will be meeting Miss Laya (Gypsy) soon and she promised to take pictures of for me (pads included)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 1:46:50 PM
Author: Linda W

Date: 3/30/2009 1:43:37 PM
Ooh, congrats Linda!!!

31.gif

Oh you are tooooooooooooooooooo funny T-Gal
9.gif

I will be meeting Miss Laya (Gypsy) soon and she promised to take pictures of for me (pads included)
Excellent - she takes great photos!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results