shape
carat
color
clarity

Dan''s new garnet - wow!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I think someone was talking about wanting a stone like this. What a color!!

neworange.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty. I like the cut.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, I am sure there are a few, but I know for sure Icekid would love one.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I hope she sees it!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The asscher fans should go crazy over this one - it''s an octagon shape with huge windmills.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, beautiful cut and color!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2009 10:32:55 AM
Author: Chrono
The asscher fans should go crazy over this one - it''s an octagon shape with huge windmills.
Yep. I like the octagon shape of it. I''m a fan of octagons, not pentagons though.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOW
storm in lust!!
Must not sell body parts to buy one Must not sell body parts to buy one Must not sell body parts to buy one Must not sell body parts to buy one

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
You guys crack me up!!

If you get it, you gotta post pics!

Icekid, I hope you got to see it!!
41.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/21/2009 12:35:44 AM
Author:karee888
I think someone was talking about wanting a stone like this. What a color!!
It is GORGEOUS!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 11:25:37 AM
Author: strmrdr
WOW
storm in lust!!
Must not sell body parts to buy one Must not sell body parts to buy one Must not sell body parts to buy one Must not sell body parts to buy one
DOWN boy, DOWN!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 1:46:59 AM
Author: LtlFirecracker
Very pretty, I am sure there are a few, but I know for sure Icekid would love one.

Haha, you guys are too funny!

Beautiful stone, too

30.gif
I think I''ve already got a spess in the works, though.

I''ve kind of given up on Dan Stair though anyway, due to not so representative photos and always emailing about things that are unavailable. I don''t have time for that

3.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 9:21:42 AM
Author: icekid

Beautiful stone, too

30.gif

I''ve kind of given up on Dan Stair though anyway, due to not so representative photos and always emailing about things that are unavailable. I don''t have time for that

3.gif

It''s not so much the problems with his photos, but I think what frustrates me is that he puts up stones that are already spoken for. I really like the shopping cart and automatic sold notification on Barry''s site. That way if something is unavailable, I already know it is. Once you pay for it, it is marked SOLD. I wish you didn''t have to email vendors to ask them if something is available, because most times it isn''t, or you''re the tenth person in line. Therefore, I have given up even asking Dan if one of his newly cut stones is available.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 9:26:58 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 3/22/2009 9:21:42 AM

Beautiful stone, too

30.gif

3.gif

It''s not so much the problems with his photos, but I think what frustrates me is that he puts up stones that are already spoken for. I really like the shopping cart and automatic sold notification on Barry''s site. That way if something is unavailable, I already know it is. Once you pay for it, it is marked SOLD. I wish you didn''t have to email vendors to ask them if something is available, because most times it isn''t, or you''re the tenth person in line. Therefore, I have given up even asking Dan if one of his newly cut stones is available.
I agree- totally frustrating! But I guess as long as the stones are getting sold, there is not really any incentive for him to upgrade his system. Oh well, I will look elsewhere
9.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Perhaps you guys could mention these things to Dan as constructive F/B..?
Or direct him toward this thread? I''m sure he''d like to know how to improve..?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 10:06:43 AM

I agree- totally frustrating! But I guess as long as the stones are getting sold, there is not really any incentive for him to upgrade his system. Oh well, I will look elsewhere
9.gif
I will occassionally look at his site, but another problem is that most of what he cuts are spinels, and I''m not a fan of most spinels (JMO, although I know many people love spinels). It''s nice that he''s cutting some more interesting garnets. I almost fell off my chair when I saw that mint garnet on his page the other day - it was a stone I never expected from Dan. So cudos to Dan for cutting some other species of garnets and this new mandarin was a very beautiful looking stone.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you mean the new mint green tourmaline from Dan TL?............it may be my first purchase from Dan.
36.gif
I am also looking forward to seeing the blue zircon finished. He said it will be an oval cut............ You gals have created a monster!!!!! That spessarite is gorgeous!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Do any of you feel comfortable talking to him about what has been discussed here - lighting, website/"sold" issues? I LOVE his stones, they are SUPER sparkly...but I feel bad for him and don''t want him to lose business for things he could probably easily fix.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 12:41:07 PM
Author: karee888
Do any of you feel comfortable talking to him about what has been discussed here - lighting, website/''sold'' issues? I LOVE his stones, they are SUPER sparkly...but I feel bad for him and don''t want him to lose business for things he could probably easily fix.
He doesn''t seem to be doing too badly, since it seems everyone''s main issue is that all of the stones he posts are already sold
26.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that he probably isn''t doing bad...but more than one person has said they won''t do business with him because of the pics, etc.
7.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do any of you feel comfortable talking to him about what has been discussed here - lighting, website/''sold'' issues? I LOVE his stones, they are SUPER sparkly...but I feel bad for him and don''t want him to lose business for things he could probably easily fix.

After receiving an email reply from him inquiring about the stone... he said he recognized my user name, therefore, I believe he does read this forum. I don''t get the impression that anyone would have to feel uncomfortable about discussing certain issues or concerns with hhe im. He is very polite and quick to respond to emails. I was impressed that he emailed me back on a Sunday afternoon and a few hours after I emailed him. He must be so busy that 1) he is working on a Sunday and 2) he may not have alot of time to spend on taking a ton of pictures of one stone. I am sure if one insists upon more pictures of a stone, he will probably send them a few!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would. He and I have exchanged a lot of emails. I'll point him in the direction of this thread.

ETA: He has browsed the forum on occasion, but doesn't read on a regular basis. Also, he checks his email everday and is normally cutting stones everyday as well. The only time he doesn't or isn't is when he's out of town. And then he usually puts something up on his page.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/22/2009 2:28:21 PM
Author: cushioncutnut

After receiving an email reply from him inquiring about the stone... he said he recognized my user name, therefore, I believe he does read this forum. I don''t get the impression that anyone would have to feel uncomfortable about discussing certain issues or concerns with hhe im. He is very polite and quick to respond to emails. I was impressed that he emailed me back on a Sunday afternoon and a few hours after I emailed him. He must be so busy that 1) he is working on a Sunday and 2) he may not have alot of time to spend on taking a ton of pictures of one stone. I am sure if one insists upon more pictures of a stone, he will probably send them a few!

Maybe "comfortable" is the wrong term. What I meant was, does anyone feel like they have established enough of a relationship with him that they would be willing to say something.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I already emailed him.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Freke!
36.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/22/2009 2:44:45 PM
Author: FrekeChild
I already emailed him.

Kewl! You are on top of it Freke!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
4.gif

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2009 11:25:37 AM
Author: strmrdr
WOW

storm in lust!!

Oh Strm! I wish I could buy it and send it to you, it''s right in your sweet spot, isn''t it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Freke. It''s good that he is able to get feedback to maintain and even increase his customer base.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, very cool of you to contact him. I would have done it, but I''ve only gotten 2 stones from him, and I don''t know how he would have taken that info from a newbie like me!
17.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results