shape
carat
color
clarity

Daniel K Rosebud Engagement Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

violetrose262

Rough_Rock
Help! I have finally picked out my setting that I am having custom made that is just like the Daniel K Rosebud Ring. I love it but I do now know if I should get a round or asscher cut. Both are great but I am not a huge fan of princess cut stones and I am afraid people will mistake my asscher for a princess. I am getting the center in a .9 and I think the round may appear to be larger. I am afraid that an asscher at that size won''t look as striking. I would love some advice! Here are some pics of the ring:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/daniel-k-ring-pics-not-mine-but-i-can-dream.36909/

Thanks so much!

Ashley
35.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d get a round... asschers are lovely at any size, but IMO they really start to sing loudly at larger sizes. Rounds sing quite loudly at just about any size!! LOL

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
At .9, I would prefer a round - it will have a greater spread. Later down the road, you could always upgrade to a larger asscher. I love that Daniel K setting - sooo pretty!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
An Asscher will definitely face up smaller than a round, but I think if you really want an Asscher, you won''t be satisfied with anything other than an Asscher. I also can''t see a RB working in that setting. It''s just so perfect with an Asscher that anything else just looks wrong to me. Of course, someone could probably prove me wrong with Photoshop, but I just have trouble visualizing that setting with a non-Asscher stone!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Leon make a similar setting for a round. of course Leon''s is covered in pave, while the DK is only one sided but you can get the idea....

if you really want an asscher though, get and asscher, just know that they do face up smaller. Do you like halo''s at all?

lmfordks.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s the DK for reference:

rb%201.jpg

violetrose262

Rough_Rock
Thanks to everyone for their help! That ring is gorgeous, mrssalvo! I really like the halo in that ring...I think it makes the rock look even bigger. I really do like the asscher...I am just afraid it will look a little dinky at just a .9. Maybe the round will look twice as big? Oh...so many decisions! I am so picky about this kinda thing...

30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
violet, have you seen asscher''s in person? honestly, in my opinion asscher''s under one carat will look small and they really do need to be a bit bigger to really see the pattern that is so special about them. Of course, putting them in a halo setting will help give the illusion of a larger stone and can be a plus, here''s kaleigh''s one carat asscher. this is how''d I''d set one in the size you''re looking at...

kasscher02.JPG

kasscher01.JPG

violetrose262

Rough_Rock
I love that ring! I have seen them set that way and I think they are gorgeous! Honestly one of my faves but the only downside is how far it juts out. Don''t you think it would be hard to wear a separate wedding band with an engagement ring like that?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 10:18:37 PM
Author: violetrose262
I love that ring! I have seen them set that way and I think they are gorgeous! Honestly one of my faves but the only downside is how far it juts out. Don''t you think it would be hard to wear a separate wedding band with an engagement ring like that?

depends on the design of the ring. Ritani makes a gorgeous halo setting and all of their settings are designed for wedding bands to fit flush, so it would slide underneath the halo part...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a picture of the Ritani:

ritanipicforviolet.png

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 7:24:31 PM
Author:violetrose262
Help! I have finally picked out my setting that I am having custom made that is just like the Daniel K Rosebud Ring. I love it but I do now know if I should get a round or asscher cut. Both are great but I am not a huge fan of princess cut stones and I am afraid people will mistake my asscher for a princess. I am getting the center in a .9 and I think the round may appear to be larger. I am afraid that an asscher at that size won''t look as striking. I would love some advice! Here are some pics of the ring:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/daniel-k-ring-pics-not-mine-but-i-can-dream.36909/

Thanks so much!

Ashley
35.gif
Sooo pretty! Who are you getting to custom make it?

I also agree that unless you really want an asscher, you should get the RB (just for the spread and sparkle factor!). But if you truly want an asscher, then definitely get it!

violetrose262

Rough_Rock
You have such good taste :) I love all of those antique looking rings...You have given me really great insight! You have been a great help....I am just trying to stay in my boyfriend''s budget of around $5000. It''s hard with my taste. To re-create the Daniel K setting is going to be around $1800 (I have a great jeweler). So that leaves me around $3000 for a diamond. I can go through a wholesaler, which still only gives me around a .9 stone. I sometimes wish I didn''t have a budget!
30.gif

What do you think? Thanks!
Ashley
35.gif

sunshine14

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 10:36:49 PM
You have such good taste :) I love all of those antique looking rings...You have given me really great insight! You have been a great help....I am just trying to stay in my boyfriend''s budget of around $5000. It''s hard with my taste. To re-create the Daniel K setting is going to be around $1800 (I have a great jeweler). So that leaves me around $3000 for a diamond. I can go through a wholesaler, which still only gives me around a .9 stone. I sometimes wish I didn''t have a budget!
30.gif

What do you think? Thanks!
Ashley
35.gif
Well that sounds like a pretty inexpensive price for such a detailed setting! So that is great news! Once you decide on the RB/Asscher issue, people here can help you find a great stone!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 10:24:40 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 7/18/2007 10:18:37 PM

depends on the design of the ring. Ritani makes a gorgeous halo setting and all of their settings are designed for wedding bands to fit flush, so it would slide underneath the halo part...
Thanks mrsS for posting my ring. A wedding band will sit flush with it. Mine is a RHR, but sometimes I wear a band with it for fun!!

violetrose262

Rough_Rock
My uncle used to be a jeweler and he was going to get my stone through a wholesaler but I was finding the same prices through Adiamor.com. Have any of you had any experiences with them? I am hoping that as long as the depth, table, clarity, etc. is perfect, hopefully the stone will be fine. I am a little worried about buying a stone online, but they are all GIA certified. Kaleigh...your ring is gorgeous! Who designs it? I have never seen rings like that outside of Pricescope. You gals have been so much help! My head is spinning...but since it is of jewels it''s ok :)

35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
asscher's are very tough to know by the numbers alone. you'll need expert eyes and all sorts of pics and images and even then it's going to be tough. Storm helped Kaleigh find her asscher and she got it from Goodoldgold. If I were going to purchase an asscher, that is the first place I'd go. If you find one that has potential, post it here for the asscher folks, storm, decodelighted and a few others to help as best they can. you might also consider that Goodoldgold and some of the other Pricescope vendors offer trade-up policy's which is nice if you thing you might want a bigger stone some day..

oh and kaleigh had her ring custom made by Quest Jewelers...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Asschers are tricky, as mrsS said I had help in picking mine from Storm. He has such a passion for these stones. Numbers are a guideline. Pics do help, that''s for sure. But only if taken properly. I am still on the learning curve of these stones. check out www.goodoldgold.com Jonathon was a pleasure to work with, even bought an oval from him as well. I know your head is spinning right now. Gosh mine was too, when I was searching for my asscher. We are a helpful bunch and will be glad to help in any way we can. That''s why we''re here.
1.gif

violetrose262

Rough_Rock
Kaleigh, your ring is gorgeous...I am really thinking about having my jeweler try to give me a quote of what one like it would cost. Do you have any pics of what it would look like with a wedding band? Maybe that would help. Thanks so much!

Ashley
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results