shape
carat
color
clarity

Dangerous?—CE Diamond Bezel Set...?

toddster63

Rough_Rock
I am a well informed consumer, and after researching and studying, think that a CE (fracture filled) diamond might me the right choice for me.

However, this will be bezel set into a gents ring, and I am wondering if bezel setting entails a torch that might be dangerous to the CE diamond?

WIll it be hard for me to find a jeweler to bezel-mount my CE diamond into my platinum mounting?

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
Why would a clarity enhanced diamond be the best choice?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yehuda lists bezel pendants on their website, so bezel is apparently certainly possible - http://www.yehuda.com/listproducts.asp?type=pendant

I would assume who does the filling and what exactly they use, their policies and guarantees, all play into it - I don't know much about CE myself.

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
Setting it in a bezel shouldn't be a problem, but if you need work done on the piece at a later date, you are right that a torch should not be used. Find a jeweler with a laser welder for any future work or repairs and let them know when you go in that it's a FF stone. I do believe, though, that Yehuda will replace a fracture filling if something does happen to it for free for the lifetime of the stone.

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
If I were you, I'd find a jeweler who was comfortable and had the tools to work with a CE stone before buying it. If you're from a large city, I'm sure you'll find someone - but better to do this research first.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results