shape
carat
color
clarity

DandiAndi, what would you do?

shinyshiny

Rough_Rock
Hi DandiAndi! I've got a little problem with my new WF Uprong eternity, and I thought you were the best person to ask advice from :D

I've noticed that a couple of the stones on my new ring 'wiggle'. One of them turns quite a bit. I contacted Whiteflash and they have been GREAT about it! I have the choice of either getting a local jeweler to do an adjustment (and WF will reimburse any charges), or send it back to them (at their expense) to fix. So.... what to do? I've only been in Adelaide for a couple of years and have not had work done on any of my jewelry by anyone local, but I'm sure I could ask around and find a reputable jeweler. Sending it all the way back to the US seems a bit drastic just to tighten up a few stones. On the other hand I can't help but feel like WF are the people who know my ring best. I'm worried that if I get someone local to do it and I'm not happy with the result then I'll be kicking myself in the long run. What do you think? Have you ever had any adjustments done to your eternity? I'm really at a loss for what the best thing to do is :confused: :confused:

I haven't mentioned it to my husband yet - I know I'll be hearing all about this is why he didnt' want to buy it from overseas :D :roll:

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi love! AW, so sorry to hear that! I have a shared prong eternity I bought from the US, and I take it every 12 months to be tightened and polished by my local jeweller. Before I had him check it for me (and the first time I did, there were a few wriggly stones) I asked him if he dealt with many rings in this style. He hand makes lots of eternities and is used to dealing with them, so if you are confident that your jeweller has alot of experience with such settings, I'd absolutely get it done locally. I don't think I'd enjoy the heartache of shipping that beautiful ring of yours off just after you got it, for a seemingly straightforward job! Whiteflash is beyond brilliant, but the team is over the other side of the world, after all ;)) It's not a difficult job and is always completed quickly and at a very small cost, a couple of times he's even done it on the spot for me.
Good luck, let me know how you go hun! :wavey:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shiny I am not in the AU, but I am in Canada, and I would probably find a local jeweler to do the work if I had a similar issue. I have recently moved to a new area, so I just spent some time going to various jewelers, looked up on the internet to find them. I chatted about things, looked at their inventory, asked where their benches are located etc etc. And from that I got a good feeling for which jeweler I wanted to use for my projects. I am sure you can find someone local with a little footwork!

shinyshiny

Rough_Rock
Thanks DandiAndi and Dreamer D! I think I'll follow your advice and try and find someone local. I'm so glad to have gals like you both to help advise me. Goes to show, the Aussie and the Canadian helping me out (I'm a Canadian living in Australia! :D )

I figure I'll need someone local to do 'check ups' on it later anyway. Plus this way I don't have to part with my ring (not to mention I won't have to tell my husband anything :naughty: ). I'll let you know how it goes....

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
shinyshiny|1304657157|2913717 said:
Thanks DandiAndi and Dreamer D! I think I'll follow your advice and try and find someone local. I'm so glad to have gals like you both to help advise me. Goes to show, the Aussie and the Canadian helping me out (I'm a Canadian living in Australia! :D )

I figure I'll need someone local to do 'check ups' on it later anyway. Plus this way I don't have to part with my ring (not to mention I won't have to tell my husband anything :naughty: ). I'll let you know how it goes....

It is so important to have a local jeweler you trust if you want to buy from the US! Good luck!

I am actually going to visit a local jeweler today to suss out if I want to work with them too! Hopefully it will work for both of us!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto to what DreamerD and DandiAndi said- I would take the time to find a local jeweler you can trust, that way for other future projects you have someone local you can go to in a pinch.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results