shape
carat
color
clarity

Dancing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love TiVo! I fast forwarded most of the show...including Tom Jones...twice.
2.gif

I think Tucker was the right choice to leave. I don''t think he particularly wanted to be there either!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
giving this thread a bump in anticipation for tonight....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
woo hoo tivo is set!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
mara,
i don''t have tivo and missed it
39.gif
. i had to pick my BIL up from the airport. please fill me in when you get a chance
12.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay i'm only partway through watching it but i just have to say that it drives me NUTS when these people pair songs to dances that DO NOT MATCH!!

shanna and jesse are doing a mambo right now to Kriss Kross's 'Jump' from the 90's. now how is that working ?!?!? not very well for me.

it would be so much cooler and you could get so much more into it if they actually chose proper music for the dance they are doing! i wish that the judges would say something about that, it drives me nuts every season!!

so far they have shown shanna, mario, harry, willa, and another gal i can't remember....and everyone is doing really well tonite! much better than last week for sure. so far willa's mambo is my favorite i think.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for the update. How did cheyrl and emmitt do? she''s just my favorite....

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Cheryl and Emmitt did well, but they were not as impressive as they were last week. The cute Mario guy with the dimples is SO talented, but he and his partner tried to jazz up the quick step too much and the judges were very hard on them for not sticking to the basics. Most everyone else seem to improve this week. Jerry Springer is still pretty weak and his poor partner had sustained a leg injury. The top rated performance of the night was Joey. He and his partner did a fantastic job with the quick step!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
yep mario and his partner did a great number but they got flak that it was not quick steppy enough and that they were putting on too much of a performance and not showcasing their dancing skills as much. joey and edyta did fabulous, i loved his little tap dance routine in the middle of it! i bet they will ask them to encore their performance tonite, mrs salvo so you can see it then. i just LOVED how excited and exuberant joey was when the dance was received well, you can totally feel his enthusiasm so i hope he sticks around for a while. and how excited must edyta be that she finally has a young spry dancer who is a quick study? sometimes i feel badly for the professionals when they get a celebrity partner that has a lot of limitations, like ashley last year with master P. it must be frustrating for them since they ARE professional dancers and they want to do well but you are only as good as your partner kind of thing.

cheryl and emmitt did well but for me after seeing joey''s quick step, everyone else was kind of slow and ploddy. vivica and her partner did okay as well. i was kind of frustrated with sara, the country star? she looked like she was dancing in slow motion...and when it came time to shake those hips it looked like she was stuck in molasses or something. and they got pretty good scores too. after seeing willa''s high energy mambo, the rest of the gals for me were all moving in slo mo. i really loved that first mambo that willa and maksim did. for me she looked like a REAL professional dancer with how confident she was moving. i felt like willa should have gotten a higher score than 23...some of the other dances were not as good for me and they got 24s.

but in general everyone did MUCH BETTER than last week. i am not voting yet as it takes me a while to come up with my ''favorites'' to vote for....so we''ll see who goes tonite!

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. I think Willa did better than what they gave her credit for. They didn''t seem to like her as much. I didn''t think Shanna did as well - her moves were not as "tight" and she didn''t pop as much as her partner, it looked funny.

Mario and his partner were still good, but I think the judges scored them low to throw off the audience. They will come back for sure next week.

Joey was the best by far!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joey did a phenomenal job. He deserved the 29 that he got. I''m sure they will ask him to repeat his dance tonight.
Mario was awesome...their dance was amazing, but they were dinged pretty hard for doing some ''freestyle'' and not sticking to the quick step. It made for very entertaining dancing, but I guess not enough ''quick step'' for the judges.

Emmitt was so great! Not as good as last week but he did a GREAT job.

I thought the first girl (the blond with the pink streak in her hair last night) had the best mambo...all the rest seemed old and tired to me.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
FG that was Willa! I thought hers looked most like two professionals dancing with each other. They dinged her for looking like she was a little too ''out of control'' and being a bit ahead of the music a few times. But honestly I thought she deserved better than a 23. Shanna and her partner got what a 22? And I thought Willa was WAY better than them. Most of the other girls did not do remotely as good for me as they did. But maybe thats what you get for going first. Joey and Edyta got dinged last week too and they were first.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aha that''s her name. Seriously, her mambo was absolutely awesome and every mambo that followed seemed tired and slow afterwards. I kept thinking ''uh oh, so and so isn''t going to get a good score'' and then they''d get a 24 or something and I''d be shocked. I thought Vivica looked very stiff and awkward (with the exception of the cartwheel
23.gif
) and Shana didn''t shake a thing. Very tired looking. The couple in second place at the end of the night....don''t know her name but the other african american woman who did the mambo... was NOWHERE near as good as Willa''s was.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
So who do you ladies think will go? Jerry?? I''ll definitely be watching tonite to see the recaps and encore performance.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jerry definitely should be the next to go...unless there''s some sort of Master P-ish contingent of voters.
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I noticed the same thing about dances seeming to be in "slow motion"!!! Are we just spoiled with SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE & near-pros. When the pros on this show dance its VAVAVOOM too .. and then the darn celebs come out and zzzzzzzzz.

Also agree about Willa ... thought she was great (except for her during-practice tantrum throwing!) It worries me though that she doesn''t have a lot of fans. Soap Queen whatshername and Pro-wrestler whatshername had built in fan bases ... and that''s why they made it as far as they did BESIDES being good dances. Poor widdle Willa has only had one semi-hit song and it was 10 years ago. Unless the guys of america decide she''s their "hottie" pick, I think she''s toast.

I think Shanna will be next to go. Most of teenage america (high voters) HATES her because of her messy d-i-v-o-r-c-e from their Blink 182 hero Travis. Also, she came across as super lazy & disgusting & Ho-ish & a bad mom on their MTV show. Can I just say how much I LOATHE those trashy zig-zag headbands she wears!!!

Will someone please explain to Vivica Fox that no matter how heavy her gigundo bazzombas are, she still has to STAND UP STRAIGHT while dancing? SHE needs that crazy device they had my Sexy "Black Horse" Emmitt all up in.

Speaking of that ... I was swirming a bit with discomfort over the "Black Horse & The Cherry Tree" number when I realized they''d dressed up poor Cheryl in head to toe "Cherry", which made me wonder ... hmmm ... who is the "Black Horse" ... OHHHH! I get it. Uh - no likie.

Did anyone else notice Sara Evans has a pretty high opinion of herself? She''s NEVER gotten CRITICISM before? Well Sara ... I''d abandon this ship asap, cause I''ve shaken my Magic 8 ball and it comes up MUCHO CRITICISM AHEAD for you, you sleepwalking, fake smiling, matronly dressing, robotic step mimicker.

And another thing
3.gif
... how SATISFYING was it to see Jerry Springer get kicked in the ol'' bread basket??

Mario = haughty dimpled bag of repressed man-love.

Harry = haughty over-tanned, face-lifted Frankenstein.

Joey = one ''roid rage away from the Pen. Yul Brenner, you''re not.

I think this show enrages me!
23.gif
I''m gonna click my heels & wish for the return of IDOL.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 3:19:03 PM
Author: decodelighted
I noticed the same thing about dances seeming to be in 'slow motion'!!! Are we just spoiled with SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE & near-pros. When the pros on this show dance its VAVAVOOM too .. and then the darn celebs come out and zzzzzzzzz.

Also agree about Willa ... thought she was great (except for her during-practice tantrum throwing!) It worries me though that she doesn't have a lot of fans. Soap Queen whatshername and Pro-wrestler whatshername had built in fan bases ... and that's why they made it as far as they did BESIDES being good dances. Poor widdle Willa has only had one semi-hit song and it was 10 years ago. Unless the guys of america decide she's their 'hottie' pick, I think she's toast.

I think Shanna will be next to go. Most of teenage america (high voters) HATES her because of her messy d-i-v-o-r-c-e from their Blink 182 hero Travis. Also, she came across as super lazy & disgusting & Ho-ish & a bad mom on their MTV show. Can I just say how much I LOATHE those trashy zig-zag headbands she wears!!!

Will someone please explain to Vivica Fox that no matter how heavy her gigundo bazzombas are, she still has to STAND UP STRAIGHT while dancing? SHE needs that crazy device they had my Sexy 'Black Horse' Emmitt all up in.

Speaking of that ... I was swirming a bit with discomfort over the 'Black Horse & The Cherry Tree' number when I realized they'd dressed up poor Cheryl in head to toe 'Cherry', which made me wonder ... hmmm ... who is the 'Black Horse' ... OHHHH! I get it. Uh - no likie.

Did anyone else notice Sara Evans has a pretty high opinion of herself? She's NEVER gotten CRITICISM before? Well Sara ... I'd abandon this ship asap, cause I've shaken my Magic 8 ball and it comes up MUCHO CRITICISM AHEAD for you, you sleepwalking, fake smiling, matronly dressing, robotic step mimicker.

And another thing
3.gif
... how SATISFYING was it to see Jerry Springer get kicked in the ol' bread basket??

Joey = one 'roid rage away from the Pen. Yul Brenner, you're not.

23.gif
I'm gonna click my heels & wish for the return of IDOL.

*falls off her chair*

Deco, please don't take this in a 'scary internet girl stalker' kind of way, but I think I adore you.
9.gif

You had me at "The dark ages called; they want their handbook back", actually.
36.gif

Woot, girl, woot. Amen sistah.

Right from the get-go all I could think was "This ain't no So You Think You Can Dance, bleh." I am totally spoiled by actual dancers who were at worst bad at dances that weren't 'their thing'. This is like watching dancing at the free salsa lesson night at the local cougar bar. The only 'star' I really enjoy watching is Mario Lopez, and from what I've read about him, he's a prat.

I love Cheryl though. Beacon, you said you know her-- me and my housemate are going crazy trying to figure out her ethnic background. She's such a beauty-- I was wondering maybe icelandic or one of the dark finns, or maybe south asian?

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 3:19:03 PM
Author: decodelighted
I noticed the same thing about dances seeming to be in ''slow motion''!!! Are we just spoiled with SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE & near-pros. When the pros on this show dance its VAVAVOOM too .. and then the darn celebs come out and zzzzzzzzz.

Also agree about Willa ... thought she was great (except for her during-practice tantrum throwing!) It worries me though that she doesn''t have a lot of fans. Soap Queen whatshername and Pro-wrestler whatshername had built in fan bases ... and that''s why they made it as far as they did BESIDES being good dances. Poor widdle Willa has only had one semi-hit song and it was 10 years ago. Unless the guys of america decide she''s their ''hottie'' pick, I think she''s toast.

Will someone please explain to Vivica Fox that no matter how heavy her gigundo bazzombas are, she still has to STAND UP STRAIGHT while dancing? SHE needs that crazy device they had my Sexy ''Black Horse'' Emmitt all up in.

Speaking of that ... I was swirming a bit with discomfort over the ''Black Horse & The Cherry Tree'' number when I realized they''d dressed up poor Cheryl in head to toe ''Cherry'', which made me wonder ... hmmm ... who is the ''Black Horse'' ... OHHHH! I get it. Uh - no likie.

Did anyone else notice Sara Evans has a pretty high opinion of herself? She''s NEVER gotten CRITICISM before? Well Sara ... I''d abandon this ship asap, cause I''ve shaken my Magic 8 ball and it comes up MUCHO CRITICISM AHEAD for you, you sleepwalking, fake smiling, matronly dressing, robotic step mimicker.

And another thing
3.gif
... how SATISFYING was it to see Jerry Springer get kicked in the ol'' bread basket??

Joey = one ''roid rage away from the Pen. Yul Brenner, you''re not.

23.gif
I''m gonna click my heels & wish for the return of IDOL.
OMG Deco - you crack me up!!! I think you just summed up the first two shows...

I think Sara does have a higher than most opinion of herself, she got some negative feedback off her performance from last week, and she needed to re-coop back in Tenessee? Shouldn''t she have been using the time over the week to PRACTICE??

I also thought that the judges would slaughter Shanna''s performance, and I was pretty shocked when they actually enjoyed it. Willa did very well, it was what the rest of them needed - it is the mambo, isn''t it???? Maybe they just dislike all the first performances, its an oddball way of judging...

Oh and also: Jerry''s the one that will be going home, for sure!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Cheryl Burke is Philippina heritage. Her mom also dances, she is very beautiful too.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol deco snark sista, i have totally missed your snarkofanatastic recaps...where''s lysser anyway?!?

lol black horse and cherry tree, that''s hilarious!! i didn''t even NOTICE that, how zzz am I?

i thought that sara was pretty darn dramatic as well, it''s like she needed an ego boost from her friends to continue on or something.

i really hope that willa''s fans do pull it out...i hope she sticks it out and if she does, maybe i will start voting for her.

mario can shake his moneymaker, but i just dont puffy heart him. i really love joey...he may be muscleman extraordinaire but he seems so genuine and excited. gotta love that.

and don''t beat me but i am not feeling the love for emmitt really at all. he seems like a giant frankenstein to me...i don''t think he''s that graceful or light on his feet compared to some of the others.

i hope jerry goes because as much as his heart is in it, i don''t want to see anyone else go yet. OR actually i lied. i hope shanna goes. tired. of. her.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/20/2006 6:43:25 PM
Author: Beacon
Cheryl Burke is Philippina heritage. Her mom also dances, she is very beautiful too.

Aha! I was wondering if it was some south asian blood in there somewhere... Philippina makes total sense. She really is a knockout, and is a great role model for women in terms of body image! We love that she is obviously in uber-shape, but isn''t a stick. No ribs protuding from between her ''girls''!
36.gif
(Not that I am pointing fingers at, oh, Mario''s partner or anything...
14.gif
)

And she''s a fabulous dancer, too.
2.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Hey I was out this evening and missed the show. Who got eliminated???

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
The bottom two was Shanna and Willa! Shanna was voted off!!

They kept Jerry - I was surprised...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY shanna is GONE. i loved how she only got like 2 seconds to say goodbye too...oh snap!

jerry wasn''t even in the bottom two...his fan base must be huge. it actually does not bode well at all for him leaving anytime soon which sucks because i think he should go next....everyone else is too wonderful to leave yet.

and i''m BUMMED that willa was in the bottom two again! i might have to vote for her next week if she does well. i really like her!!

and i know they say in no particular order as they call them ''safe'' but i was kinda irked that sarah and tony were called what, first or second as safe??? if that is any indication of fan faves, she will be around for a while. i hope she gets a little more humility going on there!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did you see Jerry''s face of surprise when he was safe? Then he had this look like Oh know another week of pain an tourture. I think you''re right mara, he may be this years Master P with the huge fan base to keep him a round. I think last year there was a really great gal dancer who just wasn''t popular (i still don''t know who she is..lol) but she could dance and worked sooooooo hard and she went b/f master p. I hope willa hangs on for a while too. oh and last night when they were interviewing Joey my hubby came in the room. He said ''who''s that" and I said it''s joes lawerence and he was like NO WAY, he looks entirely different. hubby just couldn''t believe it was him.

Rosebud8506

Brilliant_Rock
I WANT WILLA TO STAY!!! I think it is also due to the fact that she is a one hit wonder, and she did date Nick Carter once upon a time - she has not been circulating in the media lately. I feel bad for her - she has done very well so far. She says she only has dance hip hop before, and a bit of that that certainly came out in her mambo - so why didn''t they love it??? I don''t get it....
38.gif

Jerry may have gotten sympathy votes for last night - you never know, he might stick around for the next show and then hit the road....

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''m no fan of Shanna''s, but really Jerry should have been the one to go. I hate it when better dancers get sent home before someone with less talent just because they have a big fan base!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I rewound that Joey Lawrence tap dance thing at least 15 times last night. PHENOMENAL!!!
36.gif
His enthusiasm is so charming, and the man can dance.

I was shocked that Shana was booted off. I immediately thought that most people must be as tired of her as Mara is. LOL. I do think Jerry Springer should have been the one to go...but it seems he has his own Master P-like contingent. I do think he should go next week...everybody else is better than he is.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Willa and Joey are my favorites so far. I thought both of them did great last week too. I don''t even know who Willa is, but I love her. Her dance last night was just so awesome.

I don''t think Emmitt shone like he did last week. I''m glad Shanna left too. Her attitude gets on my nerves.

I think Jerry should go, too, but I like his sense of humor. Maybe that''s what keeps people voting for him.

I hate Mario Lopez. Ever since that whole cheat-on-Ali-Landry at the bachelor party thing (and before). I was glad they made him sweat it out so long last night before they told him he was safe. My husband wanted him to be kicked off. I heard somewhere that Mario and his partner are getting it on in real life. If you watch them closely, they have body language that indicates this is true. He seems like such a promiscuous ass to me. I agree that whole ribcage-showing thing between your bust is really unattractive. His partner can dance, though. She did SO WELL in that group number last night with the professional dancers. I was really impressed with that dance.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loooooooooved the professional dance to the Billy Joel number...that was sooo awesome and so peppy....I agree that I don''t typically love Mario''s partner''s hoocherama look but she was really phenom in that professional dance with her partner. She''s got the moooves. What always baffles me is that the gals who are shorter and not quite as skinny typically end up wearing more full body kind of outfits during the gorup dances, and the gals like Edyta and the hoocherama chica are all decked out in like hot pants and miniscule bras and stuff. It''s like come on you ALL have fabulous bodies, you all look wonderful. But it''s like even the professional dancer gals who have a little more meat on them are self-conscious or something!

I totally forgot about Mario''s Ali Landry thing, ewwww that he is getting it on with the gal. I will totally have to watch for body language now.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2006 7:29:52 PM
Author: lizz

I hate Mario Lopez. Ever since that whole cheat-on-Ali-Landry at the bachelor party thing (and before).

He WHAT??!?!!??!!?

Fill me in. I''m out of that loop. It might make it easier for me to wholeheartedly, unequivocally root for Joey Lawrence.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results