shape
carat
color
clarity

Dancing with the Stars 2010!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is anybody else watching the DWTS season premier?

DWTS is one of my guilty pleasures. So far... having seen three or four dancers... it looks like a promising cast, at least from a perspective of potential good dancers. There might be some interesting personalities to help keep things moving... like Niecy, who''s not afraid of her "jiggly parts." Erin Andrews, who suggested that she''d have to work to get in touch with her girly side, was a nice surprise on the dance floor.

As for new co-host Brooke Burke... she looks like she might give Pamela Anderson fun for the money...
2.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought it was an outstanding group!!! Erin Andrews? Who knew? Chad Occi###$$$&&&? Wow! Evan Lysacheck - well I guess you could see that coming. Ditto the Pussycat Doll. But HELLO Niecy Nash & Pamela Anderson. I thought they were both pretty okay.

Still can''t stand that sleazeball Bachelor & HATE that he''s paired with my beloved Chelsea Hightower. Oh well. And CANNOT WAIT til that horrific Kate gets voted off. But I figure the astronaut and soap star might go first.

Watched a couple of the routines 2x. Fun stuff!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, I though Kate was horrible. She is klutzy and looked like she ate 3 meals before the show. That dress was not becoming at all. She didn't smile when she was being critiqued and looked annoyed sitting in the back room. Not a fan of the Shirley Tempe locks, either.

But I though Pamela was cute. The judges didn't seem to like her, though.

And I loved the way Buzz kept saluting with his left arm!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/23/2010 1:06:32 AM
Author: swingirl
Oh my, I though Kate was horrible. She is klutzy and looked like she ate 3 meals before the show. That dress was not becoming at all. She didn''t smile when she was being critiqued and looked annoyed sitting in the back room. Not a fan of the Shirley Tempe locks, either.

But I though Pamela was cute. The judges didn''t seem to like her, though.

And I loved the way Buzz kept saluting with his left arm!

I agree -- Pamela Anderson was much more likable -- and a much better dancer -- than I expected. She could have some DWTS staying power.

Kate seems to bring absolutely nothing to the show. That shameless appeal to mothers is pretty much all she has to hang her dancing shoes on, I think. Oh well, somebody has to be the first to go! We can hope...

And I love Buzz Aldrin in the role of the sacrificial octogenarian!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Kate was horrible! Really just embarrassing to watch. But I loved Niecy (sp?)!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
i agree that it definitely looks like a promising cast!

Niecy had me cracking up and i love her personality. i expected Evan and the Pussycat Doll to do well because of their professional backgrounds, loved Erin Andrews and was really surprised by Pam Anderson.

Shannon Doherty, Jake, soap star and Kate''s performances were very unmemorable to me.

i can''t wait to see how everyone does next week!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s an impressive group this year! I was pleasantly surprised by a lot of them. Oh, and . . . GO NIECY!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kate was a trainwreck.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Niecy Nash so I watched just to see her. Kate was awful BUT I think she''s really at a disadvantage since she''s not an athlete or actor. I think they were right that she needs to develop a persona. I have a feeling that she''s sort of shy and nervous and that comes off as b!tchy. I hope they keep her around long enough so that we can see progress. I like seeing someone go from awful to okay to maybe even good.

It did annoy me how the girl from the Pussycat dolls kept acting like her dance experience isn''t helpful. It is!

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Surprisingly, I was really impressed by Pamela Anderson. She was sexy without being tacky.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
I used to love Kate Gosselin. Now I''m like "GO HOME AND RAISE YOUR KIDS!"

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
I think Niecy did a great job...I was surprised she got such low scores! As for the soap star, I hope his dancing gets better, because
30.gif
...And Buzz just seems so sweet.

Pamela Anderson dated Brooke Burke''s husband for a bit...I wonder if they have any tension.

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 9:30:41 AM
Author: puppmom
I love Niecy Nash so I watched just to see her. Kate was awful BUT I think she''s really at a disadvantage since she''s not an athlete or actor. I think they were right that she needs to develop a persona. I have a feeling that she''s sort of shy and nervous and that comes off as b!tchy. I hope they keep her around long enough so that we can see progress. I like seeing someone go from awful to okay to maybe even good.

It did annoy me how the girl from the Pussycat dolls kept acting like her dance experience isn''t helpful. It is!

I agree! She kept trying to downplay it, like she was so out of her element.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love that Niecy! What a great combination of attitude and moves!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was glad to see that last week''s opener got the highest ratings yet for a DWTS first episode. I was getting concerned after last year''s ratings... but I guess the producers got the wake-up call and put a little more thought into this year''s line-up. Pamela Anderson... Kate Goselin... Genius!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Did I miss Kate? I started watching about 15 minutes into it.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tuned in just in time to see Niecy and Jake... I probably missed a few dancers too!

I hope Buzz Aldrin manages to stick around for another show or two. He's such a charmer, and not a bad dancer, for his age!

Oooh... the judges are being pretty harsh on him! Honest, maybe, but three fours?

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Buzz is cute and he moves like he''s only a 60 year old--not 80!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm... Kate Goselin is going to need a really big fan base to make it another week after that tantrum!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh dear. Kate is the worst!! She's better at...uh, what is she good at? Well, anyway she not only dances horribly but she doesn't seem like a people-person. She has a forced smile and makes no connection with the judges or her partner. I think all her sarcasm with her ex wasn't just for the cameras. She just doesn't come off as very friendly.

I think Buzz is safe for one more week!!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Kate definitely needs to go home! I think Buzz is just adorable, but poor guy is not a dancer.

While I think Nicole is excellent, I really want her to completely straighten her knees when she kicks!!!!!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Kate really needs to go home asap! I do love Niecy''s personality and she''s a good dancer. I surprisingly like Pamela Anderson but the sex kitten thing is getting old really fast.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you''re right, swingirl. I imagine Kate has some built-in fanbase from the J&K+8 days, but DWTS is probably showing ever the most loyal of her fans a side of her they''d rather not see.

It''s just maddening to see how she refuses to take any responsibility for the problems she''s having with learning the routines. "Blame somebody else" seems to be her modus operandi. I hope that''s not what she''s teaching her kids...
7.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 10:35:17 PM
Author: VRBeauty
I hope you're right, swingirl. I imagine Kate has some built-in fanbase from the J&K+8 days, but DWTS is probably showing ever the most loyal of her fans a side of her they'd rather not see.

It's just maddening to see how she refuses to take any responsibility for the problems she's having with learning the routines. 'Blame somebody else' seems to be her modus operandi. I hope that's not what she's teaching her kids...
7.gif
Ya, if they don't send her home today there'll be one more week of her embarrassing herself with some crabby words she shoots off to her partner during practice.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
7.gif

Man, the public has it in for someone! (For the wrong someone, IMHO!
2.gif
)

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/23/2010 10:22:37 AM
Author: PinkAsscher678
I used to love Kate Gosselin. Now I''m like ''GO HOME AND RAISE YOUR KIDS!''
I''m not the biggest Kate fan, but why is she any different that any other contestant that has children or any different than any other working mom? She built a dance studio in her house and only flies in for the show. She is making $200k or something ridiculous like that for a couple of months worth of work...better she makes that to take care of her kids than living off welfare b/c we all know Jon isn''t helping her out.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I have nothing against Kate, loved to watch her show actually. But she is a horrible dancer and needs to be booted.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to make a quick dash out for some groceries, then it's DWTS time! I'm looking forward to tonight's show -- curious to see who stepped up their game, and who is (or probably should be) stepping off the dance floor.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2010 10:04:28 AM
Author: Girlrocks
I have nothing against Kate, loved to watch her show actually. But she is a horrible dancer and needs to be booted.

It was painful to watch her tonight... she was able to show some emotion on her face, but it was like the rest of her was still all bottled up. It seemed more obvious that the issue is not with her ability to learn or execute the moves, but in her ability to let go and really move the moves. Still it was an improvement over last week.

No knockout performances for me this week yet... I hope it's just a temporary flat spot!

ETA: WOAH Nicolle!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rumba and Tango -- this should be good! It looks like they''re upping the ante with separate technical and performance scores... that''s got to be good for the show.

Watching the grand entrances -- it looks like Niecy is losing weight in spite of herself!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results