shape
carat
color
clarity

Danburite light performance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Hi folks,

Honey is still away with the digital camera, so i STILL can''t get shots of the danburite ring, but now that I''ve been wearing it around a bit I wanted to give a little update on its performance, etc. in case any of you are thinking of getting one.

First of all, can I just say that I could not be more thrilled with this gemstone. It is totally captivating. It sparkles so much that I find it hard to look away! And I''ve had a tonne of compliments on it. On Friday I was out to dinner and a lady came over from another table and complimented me on my ''headlight''. When I told her it wasn''t a diamond she said ''who cares WHAT it is? it''s gorgeous!''

But the coolest thing it does is in moonlight or when it''s kind of cloudy. Then it goes from being clear-ish and sparkly to being bright glowing white. It looks like the moon itself. It''s magnificent!
16.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
it sounds beautiful! I''d love to see some pics when you get the camera back :)
Is it the kind of ring you have to be careful with because of the softness of the stone? Or is ir pretty durable?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
All this sparkly goodness + durability! I think it''s hardness rating is 7.4 or something. So, not quite as hard as a sapphire, but close.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
IG,
Mine arrives tomorrow and I can take some pictures on your behalf.

twodoor2

Shiny_Rock
I''ve never seen one in person. Is it much nicer than say, a white topaz, or zircon? Is it different?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results