shape
carat
color
clarity

Dana's Sleepy Mahenge Spinel

amarelle

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone! This is my first topic on this forum although I've been reading for quite a while. For my first ever colored stone project, I decided to pick up this sleepy mahenge spinel from a seller on loupetroop (it was originally sold by Dana over at mastercut gems). After doing some research on this forum, I found a couple posts with people talking about this exact stone! Obviously that only got me that much more excited about receiving it. It came in the mail one day and was with a local jewler the next. I had a general idea of what I wanted for the setting and you cannot imagine how hard it was for me to leave my new spinel with him so soon after receiving it. After waiting and waiting, my ring is done with a lovely custom setting! Hope you all like it and let me know if you have any questions or want to see more pictures!

image_4369.jpg
image_4371.jpg
image_4383.jpg
image_4380.jpg
image_4382.jpg

These were all taken in varying degrees of sunlight

gingercurls

Shiny_Rock
Hi amarelle,

Your new stone and ring are very pretty! I especially like the outdoor shots.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring and spinel.

Marcy

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! So nice! Love the color, and I like the "sleepy" nature of it. Congrats on a special first piece!!

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and ring! :appl:

sapphiremomma

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love your sleepy Mahenge! The setting is beautiful. Enjoy it :clap:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful sleepy spinel. I love the color! :love:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! What a beautiful and gentle stone!

amarelle

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your kind words everyone! I hope to expand my cs collection in the future but for now I'm super happy with my one ring! That stone is literally a dream stone of mine :love:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on finding a dream stone! I think it looks perfect in the lovely setting you had made for it. I think you will not come across anyone in your life outside of PS who will have a sleepy Mahenge spinel- which makes it even more special.

ElleK

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Congratulations on a beautiful ring! I love sleepy spinels!

amarelle

Rough_Rock
LisaRN|1461176497|4021743 said:
Congrats on finding a dream stone! I think it looks perfect in the lovely setting you had made for it. I think you will not come across anyone in your life outside of PS who will have a sleepy Mahenge spinel- which makes it even more special.

I don't think the people in my life would even know what a Mahenge spinel is to be honest!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats very pretty ring, I agree most people have no clue what a spinel is let alone one from Mahenge. I actually know a native African gem dealer from Mozambique who met an Aussie girl and moved to my city that told me all about the stones and the area of Mahenge, but the average person would have no clue at all.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats with your beautiful stone and ring. You have made a wonderful choice. This is a true dream ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results