shape
carat
color
clarity

Dana's big sale...

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Distracts - oooh please post pics when you can!! And thank you :)

Acinom - thank you again, I just thanked you in another thread, lol. I'll probably do a very simple pendant but I look forward to setting it... Might be a little while though, I have something else in the works right now that will be a bit pricey, and then I have to take a break for a bit.

Texaskj - I love seeing vendor vs actual pics too. I think Dana's are generally pretty accurate, while usually showing the gem looking it's best (but that's bc he takes his pics in diffused sunlight, where most gems look their best anyway!). Thanks for the comment :)

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katharath! That is just dreamy! You lucky gal. :appl:

I also think Dana ' s pics are very accurate a d if you have any questions and call him he is do helpful! Rachelle too. I have never been disappointed with stones from them!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Just got mine; the mail was incredibly late today.
I had to take some quickies in the bathroom because the heat index is 104.
Dana sent a thank-you Montana sapphire!!
Will post when I've got a wi-fi signal.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
texaskj|1437078799|3903770 said:
Just got mine; the mail was incredibly late today.
I had to take some quickies in the bathroom because the heat index is 104.
Dana sent a thank-you Montana sapphire!!
Will post when I've got a wi-fi signal.

Ugh, I hear you. It's cooled off a bit here lately (Vegas) but it's still over 100 today; we had a lot of days in the 110 range until the last week or so when it cooled down to around 100, even some days in the nineties! That's pretty good, anything under 100 is a blessing in the summer here IMO. I'm originally from Texas, went to school in New Orleans, and lived in Alaska for ~10 yrs too, so I've been around climate wise - hate the summers here, but love the rest of the year for weather.

Oh and Dana sent me a pair of freebie ammys to match my big one, he and Rachelle really are super nice to deal with. I've noticed that whenever I buy one of Dana's gems he will often send a freebie, I LOVE that!!! (I've bought a few Anagee gems and I don't recall getting the freebies with those, I think bc they're not "his" gems - just a guess?). Dana, Yvonne Raley, and Barry are my top three favs to buy from. There are other cutters whose work I love, and I buy from any of the well respected PS vendors if they have what I like - but these three are my favorites bc they not only have great stuff, they also treat their clients extremely well. This is a big plus for me and inspires my loyalty :)

Anyway sorry for the tangent...I'm at home all day today and spending a lot of time on PS, lol...Texaskj, please post pics when you can! :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
ilovegemstones|1437077866|3903762 said:
Katharath! That is just dreamy! You lucky gal. :appl:

I also think Dana ' s pics are very accurate a d if you have any questions and call him he is do helpful! Rachelle too. I have never been disappointed with stones from them!

Thank you!! It's funny bc it was such a cheap gem really, only $180, but I like it so much! It's nice to like a big gem when I can actually afford it, lol. I totally agree about Dana and Rachelle, see my above post ;-)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got an e-mail from Rachelle today who provided me with the tracking number for my two stones. :))

The RDF amethyst looks dreamy, thanks for sharing! :love:

DK :))

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Not bad for bathroom lighting.

_32447.jpg

_32448.jpg

_32449.jpg

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
the emeralds are killing me :love:

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
I got mine late yesterday afternoon and immediately took it to the jeweler. I hope he can set it right away. It was slightly darker than I had hoped but not darker than expected. It had lots of sparkle!

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
I hope everyone's happy with what they got!

I was just browsing through the Mastercut site and noticed the Mahenge spinel is back... in case Crazie4Cuts is still interested?
Such a lovely color that I'd be all over if I didn't already have a few that are very similar...

http://mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=viewgem&id=8489

:wavey:

decisively_unsure

Shiny_Rock
dk168 said:
I am hoping my payment went through successfully for these two stones:

A sweet little round pink sapphire, 1.11ct, 6.1mm:
mastercutpinksapphire1.jpg

An EC Sky Blue Topaz, 12.51ct, 18x10mm:
mastercutskybluetopaz12.jpg

Now that blue topaz is just screaming to be set into a cocktail ring, love these gems.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I have in mind for the blue topaz, to be worn on my left hand middle finger:

emeraldcutskybluetopaz.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
dk168|1439230483|3913012 said:
This is what I have in mind for the blue topaz, to be worn on my left hand middle finger:

emeraldcutskybluetopaz.png

Oooh! I like.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the kind words.

It will a bigger version of my JD aqua, which I am going to have it resized to fit my left hand ring finger.

For the topaz, I shall request for bigger melees than the ones used in the aqua ring, probably 2mm ones - it is a much bigger stone and needs bigger melees to keep the proportion right.

I shall need another setting for the 6ct+ aqua I am getting from Jeff W next year. :naughty:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath that amethyst looks GREAT congrats on getting it. Keep us updated with your setting choices. :appl:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Stone Hunter! It's really lovely, I'm actually planning on setting it very soon (sometimes I wait a year or two to set gems, kind of annoying, I know, lol!). I am mulling over what I want to do with this one though, I'd like to set it shortly. I'm just kind of waiting for inspiration to strike me as to exactly what I'd like to do. I know I want a pendant and I know I want it very simple...that's all I know, lol!

I promise I'll update when I set it, don't worry :)

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
indigoblue|1437158609|3904167 said:
I got mine late yesterday afternoon and immediately took it to the jeweler. I hope he can set it right away. It was slightly darker than I had hoped but not darker than expected. It had lots of sparkle!

indigoblue, did you get your ring already :wavey: ??

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
Sure did. Thanks for asking.

tourm02.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
indigoblue|1440959991|3921228 said:
Sure did. Thanks for asking.

tourm02.jpg

Gorgeous ring :love: :love: :love:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Hand shots, hand shots :appl: . Looks wonderful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results