shape
carat
color
clarity

Dan Stair Update

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I can''t believe this - no one has posted about Dan''s update yet! Are all you girls too busy buying to post?

Most of the stones are on the small side (a lot of sub caraters). I liked the ones he cut with curved facets. I almost asked about the sunset tourmaline, but as Dan is already cutting a spinel for me and I just got one of his opals, I decided to restrain myself (and it was tough!).

They have a nice blue sapphire on there, but it may be a bit on the dark side. I am still looking for my bright pink stone, there was really nothing on there that was small and bright pink. Back to looking.

I don''t remember exactly what you are looking for. Is it a new project?

WHat kind of stone are you loonking for? What size? I am curious.

Nothing on there for me. I am looking for a 7 or slightly bigger than 7 mm round stone.

I find the color of the sunstone intriguing. I don''t know about sunstones but Dan describes the color as apricot... Sounds pretty to me
1.gif

Date: 2/16/2009 1:05:25 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain

I am making a set of stacking rings. I have 3 stones from ACS. One is a light pink spinal, one a purple sapphire, and one a green tourmaline. They are all between 4-5 mm. I am looking for a bright pink stone as the final one. I have told Berry about my plans and he said he would look. But noting yet, so I am looking on my own as well. I am in no hurry. But when someone puts up an update, I run to the site to see if something is there.

I like this

I think the cut is so much fun!

But I''m saving money and putting it towards (maybe) an e-reader - so must restrain myself too!

I see three of the spinel have already been claimed... and the pink tourm.

I got two of the spinels, but missed the pink tourm - who got that baby?

So many of them are lovely. Rats for not having any spending money this week.
39.gif

Wow. That was fast. I can''t wait to see pictures of them all!

That pink tourmaline has unreal colour!

I really, really, really love the cut and the color of that spess!

The color of the pink toumaline is unreal! Love it!

Date: 2/16/2009 11:00:49 PM
Author: mochi
Me too. It is GORGEOUS.

Totally agree, if I don''t have this spess (recut by Richard Homer)already I would have bought it

Date: 2/16/2009 11:15:15 PM
Author: marcyc

Me too. It is GORGEOUS.
2.gif

Spessartite Concave 2.JPG

Oh, Marycy!... I think I have to really, really, really get the spess...

Yingh, that''s such a sunny burst of orange! I really love it. You just can''t be in a gloomy mood when wearing that color!

Date: 2/16/2009 11:32:00 PM
Author: yingh
Totally agree, if I don't have this spess (recut by Richard Homer)already I would have bought it

Me too. It is GORGEOUS.
2.gif
That's not just any spess, but a mandarin spess without a drop of brown - just pure orange.
emlove.gif
Beautiful beautiful
emlove.gif
stone
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. I'm bummed Richard Homer doesn't do recuts anymore
15.gif

Looks like you're holding a mini-sun there.

Date: 2/16/2009 11:32:00 PM
Totally agree, if I don''t have this spess (recut by Richard Homer)already I would have bought it

Me too. It is GORGEOUS.

2.gif

Looks like candy! It''s beautiful!

Brown Eyed Girl, it is funny you mentioned candy, since I always felt this gem looks very much like a jelly bean!

TL, thanks for recognizing the mandarin spess, I know we can always count on your expertise! You are right that this stone has no single trace of brown hue. Even Richard H said ''now that''s what a true mandarin should look like''

Thank you for allowing me to brag here
10.gif
The truth is, I don''t know what to do with this mini-sun. It is 5+ct, but I still want it as a ring. If anyone came across a nice design, let me know. The best idea I have so far is like this (but I really don''t like YG) and please imaging it as a ring.

yellow+diamond+earrings+100.jpg

Date: 2/17/2009 12:53:51 AM
Brown Eyed Girl, it is funny you mentioned candy, since I always felt this gem looks very much like a jelly bean!

TL, thanks for recognizing the mandarin spess, I know we can always count on your expertise! You are right that this stone has no single trace of brown hue. Even Richard H said ''now that''s what a true mandarin should look like''

10.gif
The truth is, I don''t know what to do with this mini-sun. It is 5+ct, but I still want it as a ring. If anyone came across a nice design, let me know. The best idea I have so far is like this (but I really don''t like YG) and please imaging it as a ring.

That setting would look SO COOL with the spess - like a beautiful sun! (maybe a red dwarf?
1.gif
) what''s your finger size? Even if it''s 5 carats, it could be fabulous and blingy!

Date: 2/16/2009 2:19:11 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
I like this

But I''m saving money and putting it towards (maybe) an e-reader - so must restrain myself too!
I''m second in line for this one.....WAITING, WAITING.......
20.gif

Lori

Date: 2/17/2009 4:14:01 AM
Author: loriken214
Date: 2/16/2009 2:19:11 PM

Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

I like this

I''m second in line for this one.....WAITING, WAITING.......
20.gif

Lori

Yay! Hope you get it Lori!

Date: 2/17/2009 12:53:51 AM

TL, thanks for recognizing the mandarin spess, I know we can always count on your expertise! You are right that this stone has no single trace of brown hue. Even Richard H said 'now that's what a true mandarin should look like'

10.gif
The truth is, I don't know what to do with this mini-sun. It is 5+ct, but I still want it as a ring. If anyone came across a nice design, let me know. The best idea I have so far is like this (but I really don't like YG) and please imaging it as a ring.
Yingh,
I love those earring mounts. If you put your spess in something like that, it would look like the sun with it's corona. I love astronomy, so sorry for all the astronomical descriptions. I'm not a yellow gold person, but I have a mandarin spess, and I put it in yellow gold. I just think spessartites were meant for yellow gold. JMO.

Yingh,
When I saw your spess, I thought of this picture instantaneously. It''s an extreme closeup of the surface of the sun. Sorry for the thread hijack, but I just wanted to share this picture with you to show you how your stone literally looks like the sun!! Ha!!

http://www.rise.org.au/info/Res/sun/image019.jpg

TL, that sun picture is so COOL! Thanks for sharing. I think I will mount my spess like the earring, withYG in head and bezel and WG shank. You think that will work?

(sorry for stealing the thread)
5.gif
21.gif

Date: 2/17/2009 9:35:41 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Yingh,
When I saw your spess, I thought of this picture instantaneously. It''s an extreme closeup of the surface of the sun. Sorry for the thread hijack, but I just wanted to share this picture with you to show you how your stone literally looks like the sun!! Ha!!

Mochi, I see that spess is now your avatar and is marked as Sold, so you did get it! Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Don''t forget to share your plan with it!

Date: 2/16/2009 11:38:00 PM

Yingh, that''s such a sunny burst of orange! I really love it. You just can''t be in a gloomy mood when wearing that color!

Date: 2/17/2009 10:28:40 AM
TL, that sun picture is so COOL! Thanks for sharing. I think I will mount my spess like the earring, withYG in head and bezel and WG shank. You think that will work?

(sorry for stealing the thread)
5.gif
21.gif

Date: 2/17/2009 9:35:41 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Yingh,
When I saw your spess, I thought of this picture instantaneously. It's an extreme closeup of the surface of the sun. Sorry for the thread hijack, but I just wanted to share this picture with you to show you how your stone literally looks like the sun!! Ha!!

I think so. I loved the workmanship on those bezels so much, I posted about them in the SMTR thread I started on some diamonds that everyone is telling me to bezel. Just make sure you get a good benchman to do nice neat even bezels. That's just so hard to find (at least for me!!). Enjoy your piece of sun there!

Date: 2/16/2009 1:32:29 PM
Author: LtlFirecracker

Date: 2/16/2009 1:05:25 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain

I am making a set of stacking rings. I have 3 stones from ACS. One is a light pink spinal, one a purple sapphire, and one a green tourmaline. They are all between 4-5 mm. I am looking for a bright pink stone as the final one. I have told Berry about my plans and he said he would look. But noting yet, so I am looking on my own as well. I am in no hurry. But when someone puts up an update, I run to the site to see if something is there.
Do you mind my asking who is making these for your? Is it your personal jeweler? I have three stones between 4 and 5mm that should probably go in stacking rings.

Date: 2/17/2009 10:31:18 AM
Mochi, I see that spess is now your avatar and is marked as Sold, so you did get it! Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Don''t forget to share your plan with it!

Date: 2/16/2009 11:38:00 PM

Congrats Mochi on your spess purchase. I''m so glad you got it because I know we''ll be treated to lots of pics!!
31.gif

Mochi loving your new avatar - congrats on that spess!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP

Featured Topics