shape
carat
color
clarity

Dan Stair lavender spinel recut!!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I don't have it yet, but Dan just sent the photo of my recut spinel! He was able to keep the depth, and says color is actually better! Went from 3.94 (bloated belly), 9.7 x 8 to 2.98, 9.23 x 7.44. Before :
20190412_161530.jpg
And AFTER:
20190412_161010.png

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! It’s so much prettier than before! :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see your pics of this beauty. It turned out so freaking well! The recut really brightened up the stone. I love it. :kiss2:

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow that’s so pretty! Are you keeping it? :twisted2: :roll2:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much prettier!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I've been kinda nervous, worried it would get lighter, but Dan said the color is actually deeper. I will definetly share real life photos when I get it !

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
Aaargh if that colour is true to life then it's to die for! Stunning cut too, I think it will really sparkle. Definitely worth the recut even with quite a big weight loss.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Aaargh if that colour is true to life then it's to die for! Stunning cut too, I think it will really sparkle. Definitely worth the recut even with quite a big weight loss.
Most of the "weight" was wasted belly bloat anyway, it only lost a little face up size. I can't wait to see it and see how it sparkles now! Before the center was dull, only sparkled in the outer edges.
I'm just like.... phew!!! I think it's going to be ok! And was totally worth it.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, that’s quite an improvement! Looks beautiful!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s awesome! I cant wait to see your photos! I think like gems. many people could afford to lose some “belly bloat.”. Lol!

natasha-cupcake

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's so much nicer! I love it--absolutely worth the itty bitty size reduction. I hope you love it when you see it in person.
There must be a thread here somewhere showcasing recut gems. If there isn't, someone should start one and post this beauty. Maybe call it "Extreme Makeover--Gem Edition"

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
It's so much nicer! I love it--absolutely worth the itty bitty size reduction. I hope you love it when you see it in person.
There must be a thread here somewhere showcasing recut gems. If there isn't, someone should start one and post this beauty. Maybe call it "Extreme Makeover--Gem Edition"

Or maybe, "The good, bad, and the ugly", sometimes it can be disappointing! So nerve racking, not knowing how it will turn out. Not for the faint of heart, as I've read plenty of scary posts on PS!

Eady

Rough_Rock
Wow, the recut turned out amazing! Looks so much more lively!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks amazing :love:. So happy for you!!

voce

Ideal_Rock
:kiss2: Gorgeous! It was 1000% worth the recut with Dan. Good choice. :geek2:

I'm just getting a bit jelly because your new spinel makes my recently acquired lavender spinel look pale in comparison. :oops2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks really beautiful!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@voce your stone actually looks very similiar in color to me. Mine was a light lavender. This is all pretty new to me, but I can't imagine the color changed by much from cutting (?). All I have is the "glamour" shot. It will be very interesting to see the cutting effects in real life!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful stone! What an amazing change.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I'm so glad the recut turned out amazing! I loved that stone when you first posted it last year, and love it even more now! Congrats!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, gorgeous recut!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a difference! so worth it!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@elle_71125 I'm at work, but eek I got a msg from USPS stating delivery delay!! Aaagh, I hope not!!:confused2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results