shape
carat
color
clarity

Damage to spacer ring?

Mitzi123

Rough_Rock
Intending to get an oval eternity band as my civil ceremony wedding band and a golden (milgrain edge) band as my church wedding band (also for when I want to look married but actually have to use my hands or travel somewhere less safe). I read a lot about the damage that eternity bands cause to the spacer rings and in this case the milgrain edge gold band would act as a spacer between the U prong oval eternity with a scalloped edge and my pavé eternity band. Can the damage be polished away? Can you show me some examples? Or would I actually need a fourth ring? I hope not! And if so, can a bubble ring be used as a spacer? Also, if not, how wide does a spacer have to be?

Last edited:

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, generally speaking, the diamonds will scuff up the gold band beside them. And yes, generally speaking you can have a gold band polished, and the milgrain edge restored by a skilled jeweler — although to keep it looking shiny and new will be a constant maintenance and over a lifetime this cycle will significantly wear down the ring.

My two cents: Gold bands worn daily, especially higher karat bands, show wear over time. But isn’t that the charm of a wedding band? Beauty in the years.

Another idea: Nothing is compelling you to wear all the bands at once if you don’t want to. You can get a spacer and mix and match which bands to pair together.

Exciting time! Your set sounds lovely. Best wishes for a wonderful marriage!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results