shape
carat
color
clarity

Damage Platinum Satin Finish Ering???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
I was looking forward to getting the matching platinum satin finish band with melees from Whiteflash for My Champaigne Ering. I was just informed from one of their employees that it would damage the satin finish on both rings. Actually, I was told any ring that I put next to the ering will take the finish off. Is this true? How disappointing.
cry.gif

So what do you think?
sick.gif
I really wanted to wear a set, which is why I chose this ring.

Any suggestions/comments would be appreciated.
2.gif

satin finish.jpg

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
ok, I don't think this would really work, but if you put a gold band next to it, the e-ring should wear the gold one down, but not vice versa. it's a theory, at least!

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
I would go ahead as planned and get your lovely matching satin finished wedding band. Sure it will wear the satin finish some, but frankly just normal wear and tear will "damage" the finish on any ring. Your engagement ring looks beautiful, it would be a shame not to nest a beautiful satin band beside it. Congratulations, and try not to worry.
appl.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure if it's the right terminology, but couldn't you soder the e-ring and band together? That way they wouldn't rub the finish off one another. You couldn't wear them separately, but if what you really want is a set, I say go for it!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
They're going to rub against each other, but if they weren't satin you'd find that they would scratch each other as well. It's just the price you pay for wearing rings! I would go for it. After all the rubbing will be in a place people wouldn't be seeing anyway.

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
First of all I would just like to say that your ring is stunning! I have also been looking into a satin finish ring...and was told by my birks jeweler that any kind of satin treatment will wear down. It is just a normal part of the process...the rings over time will just get shinier....it is just normal wear and tear! I think the more that gold and platinum wears the more beautiful it starts to look!

I say go for it...get your set and don't forget to post pictures!

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
You might want to check if the wear might knock the little diamonds which are closer to the sides out... that might be a bigger deal.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
I think you should go ahead as planned. Your ring is beautiful.
All satin finishes wear down over time.
Nan

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
My mother-in-law had her e-ring, wedding band and eternity anniversary band soldered together. They were a finely filigreed finish which did wear down over time. She recently had them re-etched (or whatever they do to restore filigree) but it wasn't from the rings rubbing together, just from normal wear on the outside edges.

edited to add: By the way, I think your e-ring is stunning, and would look lovely with the band!

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
You could always get the matching band and wear it on your other hand. Both hands will sparkle then.

Ivy

Shiny_Rock
To All
wavey.gif

Great advise! I'm definitely going with the matching band. We are getting married July 23rd so I'll post the pics soon after.

Thanks
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results