shape
carat
color
clarity

Dainty OMC collet ring purchased today. My heart skipped a beat!

aussie1234

Rough_Rock
Today I made an impulse buy on a whim and had to share. So glad I did. It had a valuation saying approximately 0.4 tcw, 4.8 grams, H-J, vs. To my eye it’s more like S-U! I haven’t louped it but it does seem vs. The valuation also had it noted as a rose cut (have done an appraisal with this vendor and it was laughably inflated). I suppose he used callipers to estimate the weight, any tips on measuring cushions? It looks quite white in these vendor pics, but it is very visibly yellow, and in stark contrast to my L-M stones. I love the yellow. The butteriness and enchanting cut actually made my heart skip a beat when I saw it! I love this setting as it really pays homage to this dainty beauty. I’ll post better pics tomorrow. I’m just so pleased to own this.
IMG_8721.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8722.png
    IMG_8722.png
    480.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8720.jpeg
    IMG_8720.jpeg
    162.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_8714.png
    IMG_8714.png
    392 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8718.jpeg
    IMG_8718.jpeg
    112.3 KB · Views: 14

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh congrats on such a lovely piece. I noticed you're an Aussie too? Where did you pick up this beauty if you don't mind me asking?

aussie1234

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Just in local classifieds. These so rarely come up, especially locally to avoid scams etc, I had given up looking. I was incredibly lucky to stumble upon it.

aussie1234

Rough_Rock
This setting style really is amazing for enhancing the presence of a diamond. It had me thinking my 0.5 carat oec set in a fishtail was really much smaller, maybe 0.2-0.25. But I compared them and it’s not thank goodness. It just feels it.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Oh what a great find! Sometimes I see some at cash converters haha but never investigated further. It's amazing what a setting can do! We're always after extra finger coverage so anything to make the stone appear bigger :)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely! It is a very old diamond, these rustic old mine cushions are likely pre 1850s! The setting feels newer than the diamond, but he style is consistent with the age so it looks so cohesive. Love it!

aussie1234

Rough_Rock
Oh what a great find! Sometimes I see some at cash converters haha but never investigated further. It's amazing what a setting can do! We're always after extra finger coverage so anything to make the stone appear bigger :)

Yes I once bought (then painfully returned) an e ring from cash converters. I could’t believe it was there. I loved so much about it I was obsessed, but it had a big cloud right under the table and I begrudgingly returned it. I knew I wouldn’t have that kind of money again for another one. If it was a steal I probably would have kept it, but it was probably fairly priced and most people would have been happy with it. But I knew I wouldn’t in the end. I still think about it lol

aussie1234

Rough_Rock
Lovely! It is a very old diamond, these rustic old mine cushions are likely pre 1850s! The setting feels newer than the diamond, but he style is consistent with the age so it looks so cohesive. Love it!

It’s by no means a “perfect cut” but it’s so sparkly and captivating in real life. I just wish it was about 3 times bigger!

aussie1234

Rough_Rock
It’s by no means a “perfect cut” but it’s so sparkly and captivating in real life. I just wish it was about 3 times bigger!

I guess it makes sense that settings wear out and ladies being ladies like to set and reset their beauties

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Aww that's such a shame about your cashies find! We don't have nearly as good a market as the US for these finds. I love that old cuts are perfectly imperfect :) so you scored yourself a good one.. hahaha oh if only size didn't matter lol we would all be wishing our stones were 2-3 times bigger easily. Sometimes it's not affordable to upgrade our stones, so the next best thing is to give it a new dress!

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results