shape
carat
color
clarity

Dainty Double Halos!!

18karamu

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone!

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about the halo stones for my Marquise diamond. You all helped me decide against the large halo stones (2.4mm) which I think was the best decision, but now I am tossing up a dainty double halo or a double halo but with the inner halo in smaller stones (half pointers?) and the outer larger (one pointers?)

My centre stone is a very sweet .54ct Marquise / D / SI1

Id love to see your double halos to help me choose!

Thanks!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I cannot wait to see your marquise... my original e ring was a 1.01 D SI1 and I’m regretting my stupidity for giving it up many years ago.
I don’t want you to overshadow your very (very!) rare D color marquise so I say go with dainty (very dainty!) double. Even if you went single dainty it will be great. It is amazing how much impact a halo makes and you don’t want to over power that stone! Also, I would be inclined to go less on the stones but spend more $ to get colorless melee for the halo. The standard G-H color is not going to pair well with your perfect D.

18karamu

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for your advise! Thats an excellent suggestion that I didn't think of! (the G-H colour melee). Yes you are exactly right, I really don't want to overshadow my centre stone, and when I was looking at larger surround halo stones - they would have overpowered the centre stone for sure! I decided against single halo as I do want to add a bit of width and size to the overall ring :love: I think I would look at 1mm double melee, or 1mm inner melee and one pointer outer melee.

18karamu

Rough_Rock
Oh, I cannot wait to see your marquise... my original e ring was a 1.01 D SI1 and I’m regretting my stupidity for giving it up many years ago.
I don’t want you to overshadow your very (very!) rare D color marquise so I say go with dainty (very dainty!) double. Even if you went single dainty it will be great. It is amazing how much impact a halo makes and you don’t want to over power that stone! Also, I would be inclined to go less on the stones but spend more $ to get colorless melee for the halo. The standard G-H color is not going to pair well with your perfect D.
By the way your original stone sounds beautiful also!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Strawberries1

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about the halo stones for my Marquise diamond. You all helped me decide against the large halo stones (2.4mm) which I think was the best decision, but now I am tossing up a dainty double halo or a double halo but with the inner halo in smaller stones (half pointers?) and the outer larger (one pointers?)

Thanks!
With whom are you getting your ring made?

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
8FEE115F-CF22-4F5E-B453-88A9382F2BA5.jpeg
Hi everyone!

Thanks!
Hello,
This ring of mine is nothing like a marquis, but I do have a halo of half pointers. Hope this helps you envision what they look like.

18karamu

Rough_Rock
8FEE115F-CF22-4F5E-B453-88A9382F2BA5.jpeg
Hello,
This ring of mine is nothing like a marquis, but I do have a halo of half pointers. Hope this helps you envision what they look like.
Beautiful!! Yes I love the small half pointers!! Am I right to say half pointers are 1mm stones?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results