shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Workout Thread 4/17

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Sorry Ladies! I know how busy we all have been!
37.gif
I keep forgetting to post what I have been up to....crazy amounts of papers and projects.
34.gif
..and yea everyone here is either in college or was at one point ya''ll knwo how it is! Anyway last night I powerwalked five miles with a buddy and this morning I got up and did the 55min firm DVD. Now I am off to hit the showers and books. Have a great day!
35.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
You inspire and motivate me Matatora!!! I''m feeling very unmotivated today but seeing that you''re in the same boat as me with school, etc. I guess I''ll get out that workout video and get to it!!

I did the 47 minute video yesterday & I think today I''ll do the 58 minute video... I went shopping yesterday and was sooooooo depressed about all of the cute clothes I saw that I in no way could wear right now & how did I let myself get this far out of shape?!?!!? I''ve got until about October before I need to order my dress so I just need to keep up my intensity and motivation to ''bring it''!!!
9.gif

But, I''ve also got an anatomy exam tomorrow & I really need to ''bring it'' for that too!! MUST GET AN "A" ON THIS TEST!!!!!!!! MUST MUST MUST!!! So back to the books...
35.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hey girls - way to go!!

I actually made it to the gym all 4 times I wanted to last week, 60 minutes of cardio each. My goal is 4 days again this week, same thing with the cardio. I am planning to add some weights once this crazy quarter is over - I totally feel both of you on the school pain thing. I will be hitting the gym this afternoon after class.

I''m also seriously considering giving the Weight Watchers thing a go. I will keep you girls updated if I try it
1.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AG!

What does your 60 minutes of cardio consist of? I am doing 30 minutes on the treadmill which translates into about 2.5 miles and I''m DYING afterwards (very very sadly out of shape I am). There''s a 30 minute limit at the gym at school so I''m trying to think of another 30 minutes.. maybe the bicycle? Would that be redundant though? Does interval training with weight machines count ?

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
hey snow - I do 60 minutes on the elliptical trainer, alternating on different days between the one that you go kind of uphill and the one that you do it all on a level (kind of like skis). I try to do the programs that give you some version of interval training because thats supposed to be a better workout. I think the bike or pretty much any other machine would work. Its best to get as much variety as possible. The reason I don''t do more different things is that my knee is still recovering from a car accident and so there are only limited things I can do and not irritate it. One thing about the bike is I find that its hard to get as good a workout on it, but I think that it can still be a nice option. Another good option is classes - my favorites before my knee went out were cardio kickboxing and dance aerobics type classes.

Hope that helps!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
AG- I am sorry that your knee is still bothering you. I am still whining about my foot but thanks to the miracle that is ketoprofin I am surving...it only really bothers me when I have to wear my death monster shoes for work...yikes!
Does anyone know any killer thight workouts that dont involve the gym? I am going to be in NJ for the summer and I doubt I will be able to get to the gym there...Thanks.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
At my training session last week i did a lot of "at home" kinds of things for thighs/lower body/booty.

Walking Lunges - Take a huge step out, let your opposite knee touch the ground, step feet together, switch legs. I do this from one end of the weight room to the other. If you have a long hallway or other big room would be great.

Step Ups - you can use anything that you can step on for this. At the gym i use one of those little benches. Its maybe like going up 2 steps at once in height... anything lower and its just too easy (but i also have long legs... Im 6'0"). Kitchen chair, adjustable aerobic step, brick wall? Plant one leg on top of whatever you are stepping up on. Using that leg, step up to bring your other leg level, but dont rest it, go back down. Keep repeating on the same leg 15 times, then switch.

Swiss Ball Squats - Place the ball on the small of your back between you and a wall. You want your feet shoulder width apart and far enough out that when you bend down your knees at 90 degrees are over your ankles. Do 15. You can probably do this without the ball... just make sure you dont go all the way down and keep your weight in your heels, NOT the balls of your feet.

For the top three i do them in a circuit. It really gets my heart rate up and makes my legs turn to jello! Just your body weight is good, or you can hold dumb bells while you do everything.

Leg Lifts - When my trainer told me to do these i thought he was kidding... but they KILLED ME. Lay on your left side with your weight on your elbow/forearm. Take your right leg and bend it so your foot is flat on the floor in front of your left leg. Raise your left leg 15 times without resting on the floor. Then lay all the way down on your left side and take your right leg and raise it from resting on your left leg up to about 45 degrees 15 times. Repeat on the right side and do 3 complete sets. By the end i could hardly lift my legs!

I dont know what to call this one... but you need a swiss ball again (which is almost a mini gym itself you can do so much! Well worth the $20-30 for the summer and that book i told Buena Girl about has excercises for every part of the body!).
Lay on your back with your heels (achilles tendon) on the ball. Raise your butt so your legs and body are straight and balancing on the ball with shoulder blades/shoulders still on the ground. Rest your arms at your side, but dont use them to keep your balance. Once you get your balance, pull your knees up towards your chest. The ball will curl up towards your butt and the bottom of your heel will be on the ball now. Return to starting position and repeat. I think my best is 12 in a row. The get your whole leg (calf, hamstring, butt) as well as your tummy because you have to keep your balance.

Hope these are what you were looking for! Where in NJ will you be? FI and i spend some time "at the shore" near Atlantic City. Where im from you spend time at the beach... still getting used to this shore thing!
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results