shape
carat
color
clarity

DAILY WORKOUT THREAD 3/10

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Good Morning everyone! I guess I am the first one to hit the web today.
This morning I did 35 min and 2.25 miles on the treadmill and an hour of weight lifting focusing on my arms with my trainer. I know it isnt much but this morning I was running late and had to cut my cardio down. (I always train with Ron from 6-7am I just try to go in early for a bit of cardio.) Anyway I hope everyone has a great day today.
Kate

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the support ladies! I feel like a totally different person today. Honestly, i tried everything to help get some kind of relief... advil and all. I finally found a little relief last night in some light pain killers i had from getting my wisdom teeth pulled... and the 8 Thin Mints and a scoop of ice cream!
11.gif

TeeBee... i totally know what you mean about the doorknob to the bathroom. Sitting on the toilet is absolute hell! We may need a new doorknob and sink!
20.gif

But hopefully next time i do the workout wont be so bad.
9.gif
I think tomorrow i can go in and try it again. Im definatly going tonite and doing some cardio and abs. Another thing im going to do is break up the weights by upper body and lower body. Having everything hosed just sucked. I can make myself go to the gym an extra day to save myself that kind of pain again!

And question of the day: Anyone drink protein shakes or eat protein bars, or some other kind of supplement?

Keep up the great work!!!
36.gif

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Wow Matadora -- I don''t think I would have the dicipline to get to the gym before 6 AM. I have to drag myself out of bed at 6:30! (It usually turns out to be 7 AM anyway...)

NJC -- I think getting extra protein is great, you just need to watch out for the extra calories. They can really add up. If you use it as a meal replacement, drink something like Ensure to make sure you''re getting all the nutrients you need. I''m a big fan of snacks -- I have to eat two of them with the diet I''m on. You just need to make sure you take a little off the other meals in order to compensate.

As for me, I did my usual 30 minutes on the treadmill. It seemed much easier today which is good and bad. It makes me realizing that I''m making progress -- but also that I''m going to have to up the workout starting next week. If it weren''t so damn cold out I would walk halfway home!

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Great job ladies!!!

njc- I prefer Balance Bars. They have a lot flavors, but the one that I love is the vanilla and peanut butter flavor. B/f prefers Power Bars. They also taste pretty good! If you want to buy a large amount of protein bars, you might want to get the GNC card (I think it''s called a GNC Gold card?? ). You can save some $$.

Also, I take the One A Day Weight Smart vitamin. One comment about that viatmin -> The bottle says take with food and they mean it! I took one on an empty stomach once and got major acid reflux
14.gif

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, I''m bad today... It''s 11:40 here and I''m just about to go back to bed. I stayed up studying (uh, mostly studying, with an occasional diversion to PS) until 3
6.gif
0am and I''m exhausted. I''m afraid I would fall asleep on the treadmill.

I''m so excited that it is spring break so next week I''m going to get my routine/schedule organized & get some healthy food precooked so that I can have some healthy meals on hand. I think that''s often my excuse for eating badly ~ not wanting to cook or not having any chicken thawed... so instead I eat something easy but not healthy.

NJC ~ I drink either EAS Myoplex Lite ready-to-drink meal replacement shakes or the Body For Life meal replacement shakes (essentially same thing, same company). I like the vanilla flavor the best and also the capuccino is great (especially in the morning because it has a small amount of caffiene). I like these because they are a perfect balance of carbs, protein, and fat and around 200 calories. I''m not a morning person at all, so these are a great way for me to actually get breakfast. The Myoplex RTD shakes are kind of expensive, but I''ve found the BFL shakes at WalMart for a decent price. Sometimes I will buy protein shakes or bars if I find them on sale and then have one with a piece of fruit.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been wanting to post on here all week and I finally get to because I went to Bikram Yoga today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results