shape
carat
color
clarity

Daily Wear - HELP - Pendant Solitaire 0.7 to 1-carat - NEED HELP

rpdiamond

Rough_Rock
I want to get my wife a surprise for her 40th birthday. She has been thinking about a necklace to wear daily. I am narrowing in on a Pendant Solitaire perhaps 0.7 to 1-carat. She has had smaller solitaires in the past but has complained about them flipping over or the setting sliding down the chain. That made me interested in the basket setting where the chain connects directly to the stone. Can anybody comment on this please?

Also, what are your thoughts on the type of diamond? She has a 2 carat cushion e ring that is slightly rectangular that fits her long/thin fingers well.

What about this stone?

HELP - I WANT TO KNOCK HER SOCKS OFF WITH THE SUPPORT OF THE PS COMMUNITY!

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Would you www ?

A Fancy Light or Fancy Yellow could be one carat.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What’s the budget? If she has a 2 ct already maybe she’d want something bigger than 0.7ct? What shape does she want?

IMHO pendants are difficult to get right- I’ve had one with the diamond on a bale, which lay flat but the chain turned round all the time and I was constantly moving the clasp to the back. My current one has the basket attached to the chain, and it flips up all the time! Very annoying. :bigsmile:

NickiBlue

Rough_Rock
Here is a bezel set slider pendant that I wear frequently. I picked the setting out from a catalog at our local jeweler. It does not flip, sometimes is slides up a little and get stuck, but that is because I insisted on using an old chain I had, rather than buy a new one that would work better with the setting. Overall its a great low maintenance necklace. It has a 1/4 ct stone, but if I ever start inheriting some larger diamonds from relatives, I would get this made with 0.75-1ct+ stone.

20200202_100041.jpg 20200202_100130.jpg

20200202_100027.jpg

As far as shape, I think rounds are classic and brilliant, but one, some people have different preferences, and two, different builds are flattered by different shapes. If you wife loves her cushion and you think it flatters her, that would probably be a safe bet. Do you think she would want her good jewelry to be more matchy, or would she be into different shapes?

NickiBlue

Rough_Rock
Also, here is a cushion pendant at my local jeweler I am crushing. I love the lines and shapes.

230-02042 (1).jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results