shape
carat
color
clarity

D or F?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
I have found two diamonds that are exactly what I am looking for, but here is my question...
which would you rather have (assuming all other things are equal):
F 1.2 ct
D 1.0 ct

(they are generic asschers)
thanks!!

Nate

Shiny_Rock
H 1.4ct
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Hm. Is cut as deeply as a Royal Asscher? If so, it's going to look smaller than it's size.

69gm

Shiny_Rock
i don't presume to know what your eye sees, but to my eyes, i probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the D & F. however, i will see the difference between 1.2ct and 1.0ct.

i would choose the bigger one, all things being equal. of course more info would be nice to make a better judgement.

Meraj

Rough_Rock
I am no expert but I learned so much from this forum
from the "experts" ...it's not the size or colour (if you are talking within the upper "river" colours such as D,E,F)that it is the CUT that counts the MOST (and it's that darn "pavillion" angle and "crown" angle numbers that is so hard to come by unless you obtain a "sarin" report with your cert which is super important). I also learned from the experts that it isn't true to think that getting an "ideal" cut means a perfect sparkly diamond ALL the time and that is because "ideal" definition is different depending upon what lab was used. In addition, I learned that there were different grades of "ideal" - for example EGL has "ideal" and also "perfect ideal" cuts. And I also learned from the experts on this forum that not all certs are the same or respected the same. As you can see, I learned soooo much from the experts on this forum. I want to say "Thank YOU Experts!!!!" I haven't found my perfect diamond yet but the super Experts of this forum can really help tremedously. They are soooo kind and generous with their info they impart to us novices.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
In the real world where you live, face up standing alone you cant tell D to F , go with what you can see. Also the comment 1.40 H to me makes more sence. In the real world all you see is white bright and size. Go for the H and bigger or a "G"
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you asked what I would rather have (not what you should have) the answer is: I would choose the D color 1.0. I don't disagree with the comments made by anyone else, though. What Ice says makes perfect sense!

read.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
Since it's an Asscher, I'd go for the D. In my opinion you CAN see the difference. Otherwise get the F, but I wouldn't go lower than G in any case.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I like a big, white stone. I would go for the 1.2 F since visually D,E,F look very close, but I could definitely see the difference between a 1.0 and 1.2. But, I'm no expert--just a gal with a love for diamonds.

Diamondlil

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results