shape
carat
color
clarity

D is for DREAM - my 4.34ct Antique “Asscherald” Holy Grail is Here!!!

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
HI!!! I am SO excited to share my long-awaited wedding ring project with you guys! I have been beside myself with anticipation, and it finally finished this week in time for Christmas. I can hardly contain myself!!!!

First, a video and IG post:

As some background, I lost my wedding ring earlier this year, and it was a LONG journey to figure out what I wanted to replace it with. I was all over the place - did I want an antique stone or a modern super ideal? I love so many styles, and it was SO difficult to hone in on just one.

I had my eye on a magnificent 4.34ct D color antique asscher from the Art Deco era (some call it an Emerald, so I’ll go ahead and refer to it as an Asscherald). :D It has a lovely small table, cut corners, and crystal clear depths that are simply mesmerizing!!

I then stumbled onto the setting of my dreams which sealed the deal - it was actually somewhat reminicient of the ring I lost, but a MUCH higher end and far more beautiful version...my tastes have changed immensely (for the better) over the years. :lol: I customized the basket to better suit my style, and a star was born!

Here are a few more beauty shots - I won’t have the ring in my hands until tomorrow, so a million more photos to come!!

18A5EEF8-197B-48E3-BF00-D78BF16D3B27.jpeg
A1C1BF89-1CF2-4C95-855B-01C91CC39D9D.jpeg
B057715A-A6F4-40A0-964D-B0A72E04AF75.jpeg

Thanks for reading!!

Last edited:

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Omg that is the most amazing ring ever! I love the uniqueness of the halo and all the little designs. Your taste has refined over the years from what I gathered in your post. I can't wait to see the hand shots! Enjoy your beautiful new ring (and sorry you lost the old one).

lala646

Brilliant_Rock

(That's me being speechless. WOW!!!!!!)

ean

Brilliant_Rock
Woowwww! Can’t wait for hand shots!!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magnificent! A perfect stone in a perfect setting:love::love::appl:

Spring Day

Brilliant_Rock
Yowza! Congrats on your new ring! I can’t wait for hand shots! That setting! That diamond! It’s freaking amazing!

XHellfireX

Rough_Rock
Are those sizing beads I see? Could you share why you opted for them vs. a spring insert or other alternatives, and why you needed them? Are they comfortable and how uncomfortable is it to remove your ring as a result? TIA!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
oh my ... my oh my ... be still my heart ... what a showstopper of a ring!!! that's a real and true beauty!!! i love the open gallery. the french cut accents just tip it right over the edge, into divine fabulousness.

LoveMeDo

Shiny_Rock
Are those sizing beads I see? Could you share why you opted for them vs. a spring insert or other alternatives, and why you needed them? Are they comfortable and how uncomfortable is it to remove your ring as a result? TIA!
They’re called “eggs” - they are flatter than sizing beads, and they add a little weight to the bottom of the ring so it doesn’t spin (since it’s so top heavy). I get the ring tomorrow so I will let you know how it fits - but I sized up a tiny bit to accommodate for them. :)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy you chose it @LoveMeDo !!! I kinda feel some FOMO!!! But I'm glad you snatched it up and gave me no option to look back! It's a gorgeous stone. Absolutely stunning, and Caysie's setting is perfect for it. Congratulations! I CANNOT wait for handshots!!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!!! I can't wait for tomorrow, looking forward to seeing a gazillion hand shots :mrgreen2:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely breathtaking. Can’t wait for handshots

KiloSierra

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I saw this beauty over on IG and knew it had to belong to a PS’er!

Cannot wait to see your hand shots!!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your beautiful asscher and the antique CVB halo setting! It's perfection! :kiss2:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What dreams are made of...can’t wait for the hand shots!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thud! It is outstanding!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh. My. GOODNESS. I am floored...there are no words for this beauty. What absolutely exquisite taste you have! I'm so sorry to hear your original ring was lost, but I do hope this eases the pain for you! :P2 It is STUNNING, congratulations!!

MillieLou

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Stunning. I think you win on Christmas presents!!!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
That’s a stunning ring. So gorgeous!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
D is also for delicious!

That is one YUMMY ring! Congrats. Excited to see more pics!

uyalison

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This is an art piece!

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations. So beautiful. Look forward to seeing more pics.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooooooooh........
A true Holy Grail it is :eek-2: :eek-2: :eek-2:
Could you actually sleep for the night?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results