shape
carat
color
clarity

D color CBI in yellow gold

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
I love antique cuts. Give me rainbows rolling over broad facets every day of the week. Of course, when you hang out on PS, you get ideas.

.62 ct (5.5 mm)
D / VS1 CBI
Stuller setting
# 123636 (18kt yg shank w wg head)
Ring size 6

With all of the talk about super ideals, I decided to get one classic, exquisitely cut, D color stone. (I was especially inspired by the beautiful rhrs of @whitewave and @Wewechew Thanks!)

I went with WOLF CBI for the amazing cut quality and because I love knowing that both the clarity and D color grade are undisputed across various labs. It was a great experience. Wink and his team are wonderful. If you are considering a CBI but you’re on the fence, hop off and go reserve a stone. You won’t regret it.

Here she is. Let me tell you. She’s one bossy girl. She does not play well with others. This stone is so incredibly bright and crisp! All the talk of edge to edge brightness and kaleidoscopic colors is completely true! I had planned to stack her with other diamond bands but even G colored diamonds look drab and dull when she’s around. Tiny micro pave looks ok but once I add melee of a bigger size, the color difference drives me nuts. So, I’m sure that most often I will let her shine all on her own.

For anyone wondering if setting a D in yellow gold is crazy… perhaps. There is a certain cool classic feeling that only a colorless diamond in white metal can give. Still, I am loving the way the yellow gold fades into the background and the diamond really takes center stage. It doesn’t pick up any gold tones since the head is white gold. WolfCBI also said that CBIs reflect light from the crown and won’t pull color from the pavilion. So, I say pick your favorite metal and go for it, they all work.

Thanks to WolfCBI and to all the PSers who inspired this ring!

*Layered gold band is Victoria Cunningham’s Flake ring. It’s my favorite way to add texture to a stack.
*Glamour shots by WolfCBI team.
D7373195-D9D5-44E9-8E99-BAE09BFB0156.jpeg AAC5422A-A9AE-4D69-AD6D-C3B1EA8A9EC1.jpeg A280EB88-78FC-4DE2-96B1-76EC6F877695.jpeg AC6E6304-08A7-49C5-B3B7-CE76B9CC5A4A.jpeg

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
Soooo perfect! And you're right it looks great with those small melee. No need to improve on that look!

I bought my partner an E, CBI stud earring and I can't keep my eyes off it. It's so white and sparkly ALL the time, even in the darkest settings. Can't wait to upgrade my own next year, lol. Enjoy!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I love this! I really love how you styled it as a RHR with the other slim bands!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! A perfect diamond in a classic setting. Enjoy!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning! Love it !

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! There is nothing like a wolf cbi!

Diamond Girl 21

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your gorgeous new ring!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Mm pretty! You gave me ideas too! Love the idea of a modest super ideal to wear on those days when you want a splintery white look

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
Soooo perfect! And you're right it looks great with those small melee. No need to improve on that look!

I bought my partner an E, CBI stud earring and I can't keep my eyes off it. It's so white and sparkly ALL the time, even in the darkest settings. Can't wait to upgrade my own next year, lol. Enjoy!

Thank you! I haven’t had it for long and it has already surprised me with how it sparkles and glows!

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
Oh I love this! I really love how you styled it as a RHR with the other slim bands!

Thanks! It’s great to have a stone that works well in more casual settings too. I think I’ll get a lot of use out of this little fireball.

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous!! There is nothing like a wolf cbi!

You’re the one that tipped me over the edge! I can’t tell you how many times I looked at your pics and videos. CBI stones are really amazing and special. Thanks for enabling me. Lol

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
Everything, and I mean everything, about this is sheer perfection. The stone size, the band, the profile, the setting….wowza. Probably one of my favorites on this site!

Lakefront

Shiny_Rock
Everything, and I mean everything, about this is sheer perfection. The stone size, the band, the profile, the setting….wowza. Probably one of my favorites on this site!

Thank you! It’s amazing how a simply set stone can back a big punch. I’m really loving it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So pretty! The yellow gold really makes that D pop! Congratulations on your new ring!

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
She is such a braveheart as are you.
Setting her in yellow gold is a bold stance and she certainly stands her ground….exceeds it truth be told.
Kudos all around.
Just beautiful and strong.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results