shape
carat
color
clarity

Cylical Diamond Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cmargosi

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone. I am looking at getting engaged on Feb. 18th (President''s Day Weekend). A friend in the Jewelry Business has advised that now or even before Valentine''s Day is a bad time to buy a diamond. She contends that pricing is raised throughout the supply chain because of the increased demand for diamonds around the Holidays. She also said that while prices will fall slightly after X mas, they may stay high through the Valentine''s Day Rush. Can anyone comment on the validity of her argument. Should I be waiting until March to be sure I get the best pricing?

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
I am not an expert, but while I have been looking for a diamond in the past several months, the prices have gone up once or twice. I think this has to do with the prices on the rough being raised. I have not noticed any increase around the holidays, and then drop afterwards...

I would think that the sooner you buy, the better, because I would guess that by March there will be yet another increase in prices, that has nothing to do with the holidays.

Of course, I could be wrong. This is just my best guess.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results