shape
carat
color
clarity

CVD vs HPHT new EG ring

dylanandtyler

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I know this topic has been discussed ad nauseam, but I'd still like some advice please.

I currently own a mounted CVD, picked before I found this site, and not within the cut parameters recommended because it's CA is 35.9 and PA is 40.6. I've also read HPHT is favored over CVD due to material and maybe looking cloudy in some lighting.
Is there a way I can evaluate the material once it's mounted? I have an ASET scope but feel as I move around the room, it goes from NO table leakage to very minimal table leakage. It looks true to ideal in some light.

My honest concern is that it is TOO brilliant in some lighting, which goes against what I have learned here, but maybe it's clouding in some light? I thought I was trading brilliance for fire with this cut combo, but the intense brilliance makes me think something may be wrong with the CVD material.
There is no 360 video of the stone as it came from a direct vendor, I can only supply IGI cert, 606345270.

I guess my question/concern is, can it be discernable to the naked eye if a LGD is CVD or HTHP?
And also, is it a deal breaker to have a CA of 39.9, 15.5% , with a 40.6, 42.5%, table 57% or is there ANY chance I just got a winner? I know some prefer a top heavy stone.

I know we overpaid, but that's ok if we got a nice stone. At this point, is there any way to tell?

Shout out to you all that recommended David Klass. He is such a pleasure to work with, my setting is stunning and he is SO easy.

Thank you all for educating us. I'm hooked now and want to buy more!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results