shape
carat
color
clarity

CvB skull band CAD

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I'm 54 and wear skull jewellery. Used to wear my skull studs with a string of pearls. Love the contrast LOL.
Don't wear the pearls anymore...but i do wear my skull mala-type necklace now and again! 20200617_121602.jpg

I also wanted to say that even though we dont get to see what you look like, what I can see looks extremely beautiful! I love your hair and comfy style. You look so natural and beautiful!

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
A lot of the skulls in skull jewelry (my brother collects skull jewelry) look funky but the workmanship on yours is superb. I showed him yours and he was really enamored. Many will envy your ring.

That makes me really happy!

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I am a Deadhead (Grateful Dead, you know) ... so this gets "yes" from me! For a true Grateful Dead moment if you paired this with something with red roses, or maybe a rainbow CS half eternity you would be my favorite PSer... (you would bump @mrs-b and @Phoenix)...

I like the way you think! I’ve toyed with a rose idea to pair it with. It’ll be a way off though :((

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Damn girl, I needed that. I really did. You're a little angel that just popped into my life.
Thank you sweet thing!

Aww, & I almost didn't post it because it was off topic. That just goes to show that what we see as little silly compliments inside our head can truly make anothers day/week. I think its especially important to say them to other women as theres such a perpetuated competitive or mean girl nature when it comes to beauty.

You are incredibly welcome & please know I meant every word! What I could see looked incredibly beautiful & natural!

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Im not a metal head or a hippie but I am someone that is what society would label as incredibly weird or witchy and have been obsessed with death since I was a young child. I have made jewelry with ashes and hair and treasure others' momento mori jewelry as well.

This is stunning & incredibly unique!
I wouldnt be surprised if she put it in her shop as a custom!

Rose gold and black diamonds will look fabulously dark!

Oh & I have a pair of earrings that I made with 18k yellow hooks and with carved pearl skulls, of which micro facteted red garnet drops hang from! So they look like a little pearl skull with a glittering drop of blood hanging from each!

hello fellow “weird soul”! I’m much the same. Please please share those earrings!

Caysie and I may be in the works with another skull project with a purple garnet.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Whoa I love this edgy look! The 3 prongs on the black diamonds are such a nice touch. I think rose gold lends itself very well to black diamonds. Is this your wedding band?
Thank you! I think it will make a striking combo. I’d thought about using it as a wedding band,

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I was nervous to share a slightly out of the box piece. I enjoy all the bling here even if it’s not something I would personally wear. I have two pieces by CvB and the CADs are amazing but the finished product is always better.

Absolutely! The different things that different people like make the world go round. I just thought the little skulls had so much detail to them and it was impressive. Thanks for sharing it with us and I hope you enjoy it for years to come!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh black diamonds are my favourite!!!! I almost never see anyone else with them! Can't wait to see it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very cool. Love skull jewellery!

cheers--Sharon

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I won't 'hidden meaning lover' dork out but even the compass change is doing all kinds of cool things for the underlying meaning of this band! Getting a little medieval flair in there!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
D52F19F2-25E0-48E5-921C-53A34D4D4F7A.jpeg
Little change. Compass set prongs.

I don't think you're asking for advice & normally I wouldn't say anything but I just wanted to point out that it's harder to see the diamonds now as the claws cover most of it with this change.

I personally like this look, but with them being smaller stones and already not being very visible and with less light being reflected in them than white diamonds, it'll become even more difficult to see the stones.

Just a small thing that I noticed!
Separately, I cannot wait to see this band when it's finished! We will need lots of handshots missy! :kiss2:

It is so darn unique and awesome!
How do you think you'll wear it?
Stacked? Alone?

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I won't 'hidden meaning lover' dork out but even the compass change is doing all kinds of cool things for the underlying meaning of this band! Getting a little medieval flair in there!

Exactly what I was aiming for! =)2 This dainty little band project is a year in the making and I’m just thrilled how it’s coming together.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I totally don’t mind observations! You never know what someone else sees that I may miss. Yes, the tiny black rosies are just for a touch of reflective flair. I think if I was going white diamonds I’d do single cuts, or colored gems I’d go a touch bigger. These are 1.6mm. I really really like the compass prong coverage as it is.

this band is going to be 3.8mm wide (from zig zag to bezel station). It is dainty sized and meant to be stacked, I just haven’t figured out with what yet lol. I’m getting it sized a 9.25 with pads. I’ll be able to wear it on my middle fingers, Pointer fingers, and my left thumb. I wanted it versatile as I wear other rings, or eventually when it gets stacked I can pick a finger.

I don't think you're asking for advice & normally I wouldn't say anything but I just wanted to point out that it's harder to see the diamonds now as the claws cover most of it with this change.

I personally like this look, but with them being smaller stones and already not being very visible and with less light being reflected in them than white diamonds, it'll become even more difficult to see the stones.

Just a small thing that I noticed!
Separately, I cannot wait to see this band when it's finished! We will need lots of handshots missy! :kiss2:

It is so darn unique and awesome!
How do you think you'll wear it?
Stacked? Alone?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is awesome, @Polished1911! I love idiosyncratic, personal jewelry - and this is VERY idiosyncratic! Caysie is doing a faboosh job, and her workmanships here is beautiful. Can't wait to see hand photos!

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
This is awesome, @Polished1911! I love idiosyncratic, personal jewelry - and this is VERY idiosyncratic! Caysie is doing a faboosh job, and her workmanships here is beautiful. Can't wait to see hand photos!

As long as you don’t judge the state of my hands lol. I’m a full time delivery driver.... I hide the fact I have a manual labor job with always getting my nails done, in which haven’t been attended to in months.

thank you! I put this little project on hold for almost a year and couldn’t get it out of my cranium, pun intended. Caysie has been quite fabulous to work with getting my idea to a design. She doesn’t appear to mind my squirrel brain or idiosyncratic ideas.

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
If Caysie can make a ring that looks even half as good as these cads, and I know she can, you're going to have an amazing piece! Just fantastic!! Can't wait to see the finished product on your hand!

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love it! I also can’t wait to see the finished piece. This would make such a cool wedding band

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Super cool! I love unusual pieces and own a few skeletal pieces myself :)

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish the skulls were not tilted. Gives me a very “the skeleton dance” vibes.
i kinda wish it was like north to south (tip of head to chin) skull facing left Profile * skull facing straight on *skull facing right profile * skull straight on *

But it’s quirky and cute so - I’m sure she’ll do a wonderful job

naroo_11

Shiny_Rock
Love it in white gold. Has the goth vibe. Makes me think of high school when even the goth men wore skirts and had on black lip stick.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
We played with a few configurations but this is the one that made me smile. our first round was head to head with bezel between the chins, trying to get them to look more like a bow tie shape if that makes sense. So it appeared like a cute bow ring until you really looked at it lol. I was also trying for a skull band that wasn’t typical or I’d seen before. But now I’ll have to wiggle my fingers to make them happy dance for you

I wish the skulls were not tilted. Gives me a very “the skeleton dance” vibes.
i kinda wish it was like north to south (tip of head to chin) skull facing left Profile * skull facing straight on *skull facing right profile * skull straight on *

But it’s quirky and cute so - I’m sure she’ll do a wonderful job

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We played with a few configurations but this is the one that made me smile. our first round was head to head with bezel between the chins, trying to get them to look more like a bow tie shape if that makes sense. So it appeared like a cute bow ring until you really looked at it lol. I was also trying for a skull band that wasn’t typical or I’d seen before. But now I’ll have to wiggle my fingers to make them happy dance for you

Ha see. It gave off that vibe so it’s doing exactly what you wanted :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results