shape
carat
color
clarity

CvB skull band CAD

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I understand this absolutely will not be everyone’s taste. Nor the black diamonds (which I absolutely adore the reflective nature of). I have medical background, I’m a slightly 90s goth kid, I love the spirit of “remember to live” memento mori Victorian pieces. Caysie and I had fun with a quirky idea of mine. I hope you enjoy even if it’s not something you would personally wear.
AEA8DC06-CA34-47E3-96EC-B3D03A2E86D9.png 2012ADFF-C574-492C-B9F2-2E91158FA65E.png

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have it yet, cause we need lots more pics!!! The detail work is exquisite.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Do you have it yet, cause we need lots more pics!!! The detail work is exquisite.

Just the CAD. She’s hasn’t given me a time to completion yet. I’m just going to guess 3-6 weeks. The world is insane and I’m super patient. If it gets done sooner than that I’ll be thrilled!

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I like it! :love:
Although I’d be tempted to try and make the little skulls ‘talk’ just like I do everytime I walk past snapdragons!
3898E422-5DFB-4C93-86FC-8BB29E9E2C71.gif

Will this be a standalone or stacked?

I’m not sure yet lol. Mostly I had this idea for this skull band that wouldn’t go away. Ugh. I’m sizing it in a way that it will fit on 6 fingers. Everything but ring and pinkies. So likely it will get stacked eventually.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Just for fun all the metal colors. Can you imagine all the possibilities for white diamonds or colored gems.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
'Guess I'll ever wear my own out - no metal, no stones, amen!, but it is obvious how such a ring can be Loved. I'd say different eye colours will work [skulls may well all the same color, as long as they no longer have eyes, but these do].

This is what CAD is for, IMHO.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
'Guess I'll ever wear my own out - no metal, no stones, amen!, but it is obvious how such a ring can be Loved. I'd say different eye colours will work [skulls may well all the same color, as long as they no longer have eyes, but these do].

This is what CAD is for, IMHO.

all the relief areas of the skulls will be antiqued. Only the bezel stations will be gems.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
@Polished1911 I like it. I might be 40 (cough cough) something but I do like to rock a bit of biker look with my leather jacket and DM's! :evil2: It's edgy but understated!

LOL cough, me too! I just turned 41 but thanks to genetics I still get carded. Last year I wore a floral dress with a leather jacket to my sister’s wedding. Along with knee high DMs. There’s always a little edgy to my attire. If I’d worn something different my family might have looked at me weird.

Last edited:

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Hahaha! Now I’ll have talking moments with my ring!

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is great! Can't wait to see finished product pics!

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa I love this edgy look! The 3 prongs on the black diamonds are such a nice touch. I think rose gold lends itself very well to black diamonds. Is this your wedding band?

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Way too old, used to be punk kid here! It's metal and I love it. Metal choice is whatever you prefer, but the memento mori color I see most would be yellow. I can't wait to see this on your hand!
Possibilities are endless with ruby, emerald or opal as the gem choice as well...blood rep/renewal/soul and all. *I just want one of my own :twisted2: obviously.
For fun I'll show you the ring I'd get if I had the funds. You'll appreciate it I think- not strictly MM but using the same imagery of the time period.

Last edited:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I'm 54 and wear skull jewellery. Used to wear my skull studs with a string of pearls. Love the contrast LOL.
Don't wear the pearls anymore...but i do wear my skull mala-type necklace now and again! 20200617_121602.jpg

L

lydial

I am a Deadhead (Grateful Dead, you know) ... so this gets "yes" from me! For a true Grateful Dead moment if you paired this with something with red roses, or maybe a rainbow CS half eternity you would be my favorite PSer... (you would bump @mrs-b and @Phoenix)...

H

Horsegirl76

A lot of the skulls in skull jewelry (my brother collects skull jewelry) look funky but the workmanship on yours is superb. I showed him yours and he was really enamored. Many will envy your ring.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to look great! I can’t wait to see it finished. :love:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I like it! :love:
Although I’d be tempted to try and make the little skulls ‘talk’ just like I do everytime I walk past snapdragons!
3898E422-5DFB-4C93-86FC-8BB29E9E2C71.gif

Will this be a standalone or stacked?

Ha ha ha that is hillarious!

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I thought about yellow gold. But everything I have is white gold, platinum, or rose gold. and I really love the look of rose gold and black. I can’t wait to see this on my hand too =)2 I wish I could afford to make 12 different metal/gemstone versions of this.

That ring!!! Thank you for sharing it! A snake ring is towards the top of my wish list.
Way too old, used to be punk kid here! It's metal and I love it. Metal choice is whatever you prefer, but the memento mori color I see most would be yellow. I can't wait to see this on your hand!
Possibilities are endless with ruby, emerald or opal as the gem choice as well...blood rep/renewal/soul and all. *I just want one of my own :twisted2: obviously.
For fun I'll show you the ring I'd get if I had the funds. You'll appreciate it I think- not strictly MM but using the same imagery of the time period.

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
I'm 54 and wear skull jewellery. Used to wear my skull studs with a string of pearls. Love the contrast LOL.
Don't wear the pearls anymore...but i do wear my skull mala-type necklace now and again! 20200617_121602.jpg

I love your necklace! I have skull studs I wear with a Pearl and onyx necklace. It’s perfectly quirky.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Rose would be beautiful and a little unexpected. I like it.
I wish you would make me one too;))

Isn't that Lalique just crazy amazing?! And with a price tag to match...I just want to try it on, just once, run a light thumb over the detailing. This week on Lottery Pinings:lol:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Im not a metal head or a hippie but I am someone that is what society would label as incredibly weird or witchy and have been obsessed with death since I was a young child. I have made jewelry with ashes and hair and treasure others' momento mori jewelry as well.

This is stunning & incredibly unique!
I wouldnt be surprised if she put it in her shop as a custom!

Rose gold and black diamonds will look fabulously dark!

Oh & I have a pair of earrings that I made with 18k yellow hooks and with carved pearl skulls, of which micro facteted red garnet drops hang from! So they look like a little pearl skull with a glittering drop of blood hanging from each!

Last edited:

Polished1911

Shiny_Rock
Not gonna lie - not my taste at all but the workmanship looks divine! Since this is what speaks to you, I think she did a fabulous job with it!

Thank you! I was nervous to share a slightly out of the box piece. I enjoy all the bling here even if it’s not something I would personally wear. I have two pieces by CvB and the CADs are amazing but the finished product is always better.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results