shape
carat
color
clarity

CVB Inspired Design Salt and Pepper Signet

oliverave

Rough_Rock
When I reached out to Caysie about some rose cuts I saw her post on Loupe Troop, the idea was to get a tiny, delicate stacker ring to see how I feel about rose cuts. Well, I'm not a fan of rounds, so I asked what other shapes she had. She had a fat marquise rose cut that was too big for a delicate stacker, so I started to explore the world of signet rings. I found this ring on like page 2 of Google and Caysie was immediately on board. It completely flipped the meaning of the ring for me from a fun side project to a deeply meaningful memorial ring for my late mother. My mother was the one who introduced the love and beauty of cathedrals to me, and the Prague Cathedral was the last place we visited together. Add that to the fact that my dad reset my mom's engagement ring diamond into a signet and it seemed meant to be. We added the ruby halo since red was my mom's absolute favorite color and I wanted to personalize the design some. Along the way, we switched from a rose cut marquise to this 1.35 carat rose cut emerald cut (emerald cut set upside down? I'm not sure) which increased the sentimental factor since my mom's engagement ring was an emerald cut. Caysie and her team knocked this out of the water. Communication and progress was slow, but Caysie is the only one I trusted to bring this project to life. I was in no rush at all so I didn't push for faster production. We started discussing the project on 17 April, I received it on 10 August, sent it back to be resized around 11 August, and finally got it back on 3 Sep. For me, the wait was fine but some people might not be ok with waiting so long.

I know salt and pepper diamonds are somewhat controversial but they're all I could afford for this project since most of my budget went to the setting.

Specs: 1.35 emerald cut salt and pepper diamond set pointy side up, 16 rubies, and 18K yellow gold in a US. 3.5

Caysie's glamour shots:
CVB Inspired Designs 1910s inspired cignet - Imgur (1).jpg
CVB Inspired Designs 1910s inspired cignet - Imgur (2).jpg

And hand shots!
20210903_155509.jpg

20210903_160432.jpg

CVB Inspired Designs 1910s inspired cignet - Imgur.jpg

My favorite shot-rainbows!
20210904_162308.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
that's a gorgouse ring ! :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl: :kiss2: :appl:
and so much meaning

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I think it’s lovely!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I feel so lucky. Caysie and her team did a phenomenal job.

i think salt and pepper diamonds definatly have a place
(on my finger ;)2 )
when i was little the shops wernt open all the days and hours they are now.
im the summer we would ccasionally walk into town after tea (dinner) and go window shopping - it must have been a safer time because jewlery shop keepers didnt lock all their window stock away in the safe at night and also bigger stores still employed window dressers (im not that old ? am i ?)
anyway mum and i would look at the rings in the windows
i hope your mum would really love the design aesthetics of your ring
its a real statement piece
i really love it and hope you have lots of fun wearing it

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
What an amazing setting! All that finely-drawn detail, all coherent, and all fitting perfectly with the theme.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!!

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Love the angularity. Pretty ring.

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful tribute to your mother. I love how the gold around the rubies kind of reminds me of a sunburst.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all the sentiment behind the design and how much thought you put into it. It turned out unique and beautiful.
I love the rubies in yellow gold and the cathedral engraved sides. Wear in good health!

mwilliamanderson

Brilliant_Rock
So beautiful and meaningful! Using a salt and pepper in a rose cut was a brilliant idea. I think it adds to the overall design which is one of great detail.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it and it's so personal as well as beautiful. Enjoy wearing it. It's a great tribute to your mom.

peachmagnolia

Rough_Rock
Wow! This is stunning!!

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
That’s about the coolest salt and pepper ring I have ever seen. The antiquing finish real plays well with the stone.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I love it and I am normally neither a rose cut or salt and pepper fan but this is just special!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ach, this made me cry. The ring is gorgeous, the sentiment is heart warming, and those speckles in the diamond signify all the memories you and your mom built together. I absolutely love it.

Mooshi

Shiny_Rock
@oliverave how comfortable is it, with the diamond pointy side up? I'm thinking of setting an asscher that way! The big bold facets on the bottom are :kiss2: Is the bottom/underside open?

oliverave

Rough_Rock
@oliverave how comfortable is it, with the diamond pointy side up? I'm thinking of setting an asscher that way! The big bold facets on the bottom are :kiss2: Is the bottom/underside open?

Super comfortable-I don't notice the point at all and it doesn't get in the way! And yes, it is open on the bottom which makes it super easy to keep clean.

oliverave

Rough_Rock
Ach, this made me cry. The ring is gorgeous, the sentiment is heart warming, and those speckles in the diamond signify all the memories you and your mom built together. I absolutely love it.

That's a really sweet way of looking at it. The even grey tone of it reminds me of her hair. I'm so happy to have such a sentimental piece and to have it come out exactly as I hoped.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I reached out to Caysie about some rose cuts I saw her post on Loupe Troop, the idea was to get a tiny, delicate stacker ring to see how I feel about rose cuts. Well, I'm not a fan of rounds, so I asked what other shapes she had. She had a fat marquise rose cut that was too big for a delicate stacker, so I started to explore the world of signet rings. I found this ring on like page 2 of Google and Caysie was immediately on board. It completely flipped the meaning of the ring for me from a fun side project to a deeply meaningful memorial ring for my late mother. My mother was the one who introduced the love and beauty of cathedrals to me, and the Prague Cathedral was the last place we visited together. Add that to the fact that my dad reset my mom's engagement ring diamond into a signet and it seemed meant to be. We added the ruby halo since red was my mom's absolute favorite color and I wanted to personalize the design some. Along the way, we switched from a rose cut marquise to this 1.35 carat rose cut emerald cut (emerald cut set upside down? I'm not sure) which increased the sentimental factor since my mom's engagement ring was an emerald cut. Caysie and her team knocked this out of the water. Communication and progress was slow, but Caysie is the only one I trusted to bring this project to life. I was in no rush at all so I didn't push for faster production. We started discussing the project on 17 April, I received it on 10 August, sent it back to be resized around 11 August, and finally got it back on 3 Sep. For me, the wait was fine but some people might not be ok with waiting so long.

I know salt and pepper diamonds are somewhat controversial but they're all I could afford for this project since most of my budget went to the setting.

Specs: 1.35 emerald cut salt and pepper diamond set pointy side up, 16 rubies, and 18K yellow gold in a US. 3.5

Caysie's glamour shots:
CVB Inspired Designs 1910s inspired cignet - Imgur (1).jpg
CVB Inspired Designs 1910s inspired cignet - Imgur (2).jpg

And hand shots!
20210903_155509.jpg

20210903_160432.jpg

CVB Inspired Designs 1910s inspired cignet - Imgur.jpg

My favorite shot-rainbows!
20210904_162308.jpg

thought id take another look at the photos
i must say i especially love the view of the gallery

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results