shape
carat
color
clarity

Cutting out part of graphics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, we might use the picture on this linky for our invitation. When I attach the picture on our template, the white background prints white on a colored card. We only want the leaf and splashed background part. Does anyone know how to get around this? I hope this question makes sense...

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
The question makes total sense!

Do you have photoshop? You can "erase" the white parts, but the only way I know how to do that on photoshop is to use the "Magic Extractor" tool, but you would have to go through each pixel and highlight the ones you want to keep... very time consuming. However, you can make a similar design easily, too. I''m gonna try for ya.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
That splashed look is difficult to re-create. Here''s my version:

chorovine.gif

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Is the image only in jpeg form? If so it will be nearly impossible to get a professional look. But, if you can get it in eps or illustrator formats (or possibly pdf depending on how it was built) you can use illustrator to make the background transparent instead of white.

Let me know if you need more help, its a very easy thing to do if you have the program. If not I think you can use computers at kinkos or other print shops with the program on it for an hourly cost.

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much Lynnie, but the background still came out white...
8.gif
I really appreciate the work you''ve put in for me.

tropiqalkiwi, the link to the picture is the only format that I have it in...Do you have the software? If it''s not time consuming, may I impose on you to help me create it? Otherwise, thanks for the tip! I''ve never heard of an illustrator, so I''ll go do my homework
34.gif

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/27/2009 2:38:22 AM
Author: choro72
Thank you so much Lynnie, but the background still came out white...
8.gif
I really appreciate the work you''ve put in for me.

tropiqalkiwi, the link to the picture is the only format that I have it in...Do you have the software? If it''s not time consuming, may I impose on you to help me create it? Otherwise, thanks for the tip! I''ve never heard of an illustrator, so I''ll go do my homework
34.gif

I would be happy to help if you had one of the files I mentioned. But it can''t be done with a jpeg, sorry
7.gif

So a bit of technical info: Illustrator is a program similar to photoshop (both made by adobe) but it creates vector images instead of pixel based images like jpegs. The difference is that you are creating a mathematical path for the shapes to follow and thus it can be changed to any size, and when left in one of those file formats the file can be resaved as having a transparent background instead of a white one. You can change an illustrator file or eps file to a jpeg, but not the other way around.

The artwork you have looks like it was created in such a program and is why I mentioned it. If I may ask, where did you get the artwork? If you had someone make it for you then they should be able to give you the file you need. If you found it online somewhere, you might be able to find the artist and see if they would be willing to work something out with you, but be prepared to pay a bit.

You can also probably find a graphic artist that could recreate something very similar in a small amount of time. If this sounds good to you, look online for "graphic illustrators". If you go this route you could even end up with something you like even more! A more budget friendly option would be to try contacting a local art school (design dept.) - they probably can find a student who can do the work.

Hopefully I was helpful (even with all the technical stuff
34.gif
). If you are really set on using the artwork as is, just find a nice white paper that you like and voila the problem is gone!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results