shape
carat
color
clarity

cuts drive me nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kevin Collins

Rough_Rock
All,

I have spent the last 4 hours searching and learning about RB cuts. My search has led me to "A Cut Above", "SuperbCert", "Hearts of Fire" and "Lazare Kaplan". Does one of these stand out?

My goal is to find an excellent H&A cut (1.6C+, G or better, VS2) for the love of my life. I have about 15-16K with which to do it.

Another problem I have is that I'm an engineer and a scientist at heart and I am now in total sensory overload with all I've seen today. With so much to learn, I'm afraid I'll never actually buy.

Perhaps one of the learned ones out there could help me along and shorten my path to purchase.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Kevin Collins

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
I have spent the last 4 hours searching and learning about RB cuts. My search has led me to "A Cut Above", "SuperbCert", "Hearts of Fire" and "Lazare Kaplan". Does one of these stand out?
----------------

They all are very beautifull stones. They have some difference in minor facets though.

You might want to see HonF at your nearest HonF dealer and compare them to other stones. You need to find out for yourself whether you see/like the difference.

----------------
My goal is to find an excellent H&A cut (1.6C+, G or better, VS2) for the love of my life. I have about 15-16K with which to do it.
----------------

withing your criteria and got this result:

----------------
Another problem I have is that I'm an engineer and a scientist at heart and I am now in total sensory overload with all I've seen today. With so much to learn, I'm afraid I'll never actually buy.
----------------

). He will be able to address you concerns.

----------------
Perhaps one of the learned ones out there could help me along and shorten my path to purchase.
----------------

The only way is to see many diamonds and decide for yourself what is important for YOU. Each person has his/her own taste and preferences. Keep in mind that you lady might care less about the cut but more about the size :)

Good luck and let us know what you decided :)

[/u][/u][/u]

skylady

Rough_Rock
Hi leonid,

I wish I have the luxury of having the chance to see both Lazare and Hearts on Fire diamonds at the same place for comparison. You see I'm from Singapore and there are limited dealers here that sell these 2 brands, and of course, the dealers are different.
My fiance and I can't make up our minds on which to choose for my engagement ring. We are looking for 0.45ct, E to G color, VS1 to VVS1. Now it's left to the cut - we have seen the H&A of HOF diamond on Di-Star scope but have not seen the Lazare over a firescope. My guess is both brands should have almost same brilliance over the naked eyes, but I heard HOF gets a better grading than Lazare under the AGS cut grading(should it be better?). Can anyone help me on with more comments about these 2 brands?

Best,
skylady

skylady

Rough_Rock
Sorry for sending out my notes 3 times in a row. It's the first time I'm taking part in a forum so just couldn't get sending right!

Best,
skylady:errrr:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results