shape
carat
color
clarity

CutNut!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I just checked your website which you referenced earlier today). You mention how deeply cut stones should be set so that light enters the pavillion, and how they also should be kept clean.

I was wondering why every time I had my ring cleaned it looked fabulous! And a day later it would look more dull to me (even though it hadn't been in water or anything). Rich had pointed out that my stone was cut too deep (at 69%).

So thank you both for putting the puzzle together for me!! :appl:

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
I just ordered my own Ultrasonic cleaner. I was at a custom jewelry maker today and she had one. We dropped in my 18K class ring and 10 minutes later it was super-duper clean. I got a 1 quart GemOro with 35 watts powder and heat for $180. I know there are small units for $65 to $100 (Hammacler-Slamachler) but I thought it would be nice to get one large enough to clean other parts in also.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Did I point out your marquise was cut too deep?

69% depth could be considered an "average" depth for a marquise. Not the best, not the worst, but "average".

Don't be too hard on it.

Rich, GG
Sarasota Gemological Laboratory

BEDAZZLED

Shiny_Rock
I clean all my rings in boiling hot water and dishwashing liquid. They always look sparkley and new.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Rather than buy special ultrasonic cleaning solution for $65 a gallon, is there some supermarket liquid which is just as good?

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Rather than buy special ultrasonic cleaning solution for $65 a gallon, is there some supermarket liquid which is just as good?

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I've used pretty much all liquid dish detergents, no problem with any. Sometimes boiled w/water & ammonia, sometimes just ammonia & water. Nothing seems to compare to the "steam" blasting they do at the jewelers tho!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results