shape
carat
color
clarity

Cute little R

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Since we seem to be on the topic of light yellow transitional cuts, I thought I''d show mine.

I bought this .27 carat R SI2 (according to the seller anyway--it''s ungraded) transitional cut diamond a year or two ago. The inclusion looks a bit on the big side, but hey, it was less than $40, and anyway, I actually like inclusions.

Under UV light it shows a bit of yellow fluorescence, which could be contributing to the nice lemony color.

littleRgl4.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
It''s cut pretty deep, which makes it only 4 mm in diameter.

littleRgl7.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
From the side.

littleRgl5.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Here it is sitting in a vintage (1920s?) setting I have, along with a couple other small diamonds. One is a .30ish J I1 with (I believe) medium blue fluorescence (I don''t remember exactly & can''t put my hands on its papers right now), and the other is a .29 F I1 with strong blue, graded by AGS. I took this shot in strong, shaded daylight, and I like it because it shows the effects of the fluorescence pretty clearly.

littleRgl1.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
And here are the Three Little Bears under UV light.

littleRgl3.jpg

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Purty little stone!

But what Im really loving is the ring - any more pics of that??

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its lovely!!!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
A beauty! Love the cute inclusions too.
1.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 3:12:15 PM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
Purty little stone!

But what Im really loving is the ring - any more pics of that??

Sure--here you go. It''s an 18K setting I bought on ebay umpteen years ago, but I haven''t ever gotten around to setting any stones in it. I''m not sure what would be best. I''ve thought about setting the three little diamonds, but they''re more fun to play with loose.

3stonesettinggl4.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
The setting again.

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I know it''s not a high quality diamond by any means--I just thought it was fun having a little yellow guy & couldn''t resist at that price.

3stonesettinggl2.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
What a gorgeous stone!!!
36.gif

I LOVE the warm color!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
The little babe is lovely!! And slurpity-do-da at that mounting, girl!!!
18.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I LIKE it! I think I''m deciding more and more that I love yellowish stones. They look so yummy!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 3:11:25 PM
Author: glitterata
And here are the Three Little Bears under UV light.
Oh my
30.gif
what a COOL photo!

That's it. I'm officially in love with medium blue fluorescence.

I really love your R stone too - I'm a big fan of its faceting. Really beautiful. Thank you for sharing!
1.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Aw, thank you guys for the kind words!

Musey, the one on the left (the J) has medium blue fluo, and the one on the right (the F) has strong. Which are you a fan of--medium or strong? (Or both?)

It''s funny, my Infinity has strong blue fluo, as graded by AGS, but it''s far less strong than the strong blue in these pictures, more like the medium in these pictures. I wish my Infinity went purple in daylight like the F does in the daylight photo here.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2009 8:43:41 PM
Musey, the one on the left (the J) has medium blue fluo, and the one on the right (the F) has strong. Which are you a fan of--medium or strong? (Or both?)
Medium all the way, baby!

They''re both very cool, but I like the slightly softer glow of the medium.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Ah. Yes, I know what you mean. I love how there are different colors of fluorescence, like the yellowish fluo in the R. My L OEC--my Grandma Rosie''s diamond--has very faint greenish fluo. It''s really subtle, but cool.

Someday when I win the lottery, I''m going to have a piece of jewelry made with carefully selected pave, so that in ordinary light it just looks sparkly, but under UV the diamonds all light up in different colors and spell out a secret message. Won''t that be fun?

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 2/13/2009 8:52:43 PM
Someday when I win the lottery, I''m going to have a piece of jewelry made with carefully selected pave, so that in ordinary light it just looks sparkly, but under UV the diamonds all light up in different colors and spell out a secret message. Won''t that be fun?

Spoken like a true PSer!!

I am ABSOLUTELY in love with this setting - with a little bit of work, its gonna be a knockout!!!!! What size stones will it take?

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Grace!

It wants maybe 4.5 mm stones? Something like that. What kind of stones do you suggest?

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hands down, my choice would be OMCs or early OECs and mostly because I love "ring pop" diamonds in these settings.

Did I mention its gorgeous and I'm envious
3.gif
3.gif
?

DiamondsDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Nice deal on the diamond.

And that is a beautiful ring!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/14/2009 12:17:13 AM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
Hands down, my choice would be OMCs or early OECs and mostly because I love 'ring pop' diamonds in these settings.

Did I mention its gorgeous and I'm envious
3.gif
3.gif
?

Thank you!

"Ring pop" diamonds is a great idea--I love the idea of their little heads sticking up.

I do love the setting in the box, but it's not so flattering on my stubby little fingers, which is probably why I haven't set anything in it yet. It really should belong to someone with long, elegant fingers.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous! It''s such a beautiful diamond.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a pretty little stone glitterata! I''m absolutely loving that setting though.
30.gif
30.gif

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
What a little cutie. I love the soft yellow color.

$40? I''ll take ten!!!

The ring also looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results