shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KittyB

Rough_Rock
I'm looking at a diamond with a GIA certificate and the following specs and was wondering if anyone has any idea whether the proportions are good and whether it sounds like a good buy. I just don't know how to use the measurements to calculate light leakage and how fiery or sparkly it is. There's nothing on the report to provide "Pavilion" and "Crown" angles which are used in the Cut Advisor on this site. Any suggestions?

GIA Report Details:
Shape: Round Brilliant
Measurements: 6.48 x 6.51 x 4.01mm
Weight: 1.02 C
Depth: 61.6%
Table: 55%
Girdle: Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Clarity: VS1
Color: F
Fluorescence: None

Forgot to mention price: US$6,500

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Could be good, ask the vendor to get the angles for you.
No angles, no sale
1.gif

optimized

Shiny_Rock
Hi Kitty,

As is so often the case with GIA-certed diamonds, it's going to be tough to give any meaningful opinions as to how the stone will perform without knowing some more information about it. As respected as GIA certs are, they really only give some of the information that is useful to the likes of RockyTalk contributors like us, and that's where other tools often have to come into play. If you are able to get the dealer to obtain Sarin or Megascope reports for the diamond you're considering (some dealers will arrange this for customers) you will have a far easier time using geometry to predict the quality of the diamond's cut, but with just the GIA information you're not going to be able to tell too much. The only think that can be said with reasonable certainty at this point is that the specs you listed have no obvious problems that would immediately disqualify the diamond as a poor performer, but without more information that's about all that can be said without physically examining the stone. Sorry I don't have better news for you.
1.gif

-Tim

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
Hi,
I think the stone has the right measurements and is beautiful .
I like the diameter,around 6.5mm. depth, table, polish,symm ,etc..
it should be a magnificiant looking stone,the only thing is that the price is a bit high.
"shop and compare" if you see that you are getting a good deal go for it
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results