shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut with trillions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

simonnessen

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have anything to offer about the cut on trillions. How important is cut on these stones as side stones in a three stone ring (long sentence). What are the ideal cut range, and how is brillince affected in trillions, thanks in advance.

Simon
Ps. can anyone run the projected b-scope for a 2 c
depth 60.2
table 57
crown ang. 33.7
crown % 14.3
pav. dep. 43
pav. ang. 40.9
culet pointed
girdle 1.2-1.7 fac.

(by the way it is an ags 000 cert, which I thought was odd with the crown angle being smaller than most ideals)
thanks again.

simonnessen

Rough_Rock
Anyone?, Rich, Giangi, are you out there?

cmgpug

Rough_Rock
Im interested in this also, the trillions I have seen dont seem to show much brillince. Does anyone have the cut standards.

Puglover

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
Does anyone have anything to offer about the cut on
trillions. How important is cut on these stones as
side stones in a three stone ring (long sentence).
What are the ideal cut range, and how is brillince
affected in trillions, thanks in advance.
-----------

The optical physics of diamond cut apply to trillions just like any other diamond.

The problem is that trillions are usually cut from flattish diamond crystals called macles. Therefore they often tend towards the shallow side, with low crowns and shallow pavilions. This tends to give them less brilliance & fire, with a "washed out" effect, especially when they get dirty.

To avoid this, you want to find trillions that have some crown height and pavilion depth to them. Probably looking at stones which have more than 8% crown height and more than 39% pavilion depth would be a good place to start. That search is not always an easy job. If you're looking for total overall brilliance in a three stone ring, trillions might not be the way to go. If you're looking for accent stones that make the center stone look good, trillions might be the way to go.

I'm not aware of any proportional charts out there regarding trillions.

simonnessen

Rough_Rock
Thanks again Rich, that helps alot. Also can you help with the first part of the question with the b-scope and shallow crown angle. Thanks, this is the last thing I will ask of you, (today
1.gif

Simon

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
(by the way it is an ags 000 cert, which I thought
was odd with the crown angle being smaller than most
ideals)
-----------

The parameters for crown angle on a "0" stone extend from 33.7 to 35.8 degrees.

Actually, that 33.7 degree crown angle works pretty well in combination with a 40.9 degree pavilion angle. Here's the POSSIBLE profile that the DiamCalc program comes up with in regards to a stone with those stats. Great numbers...

I've also posted a DiamCalc simulated IdealScope image as well. This is probably a gorgeous stone Simon.

Light Return (mono)…...: 1.00 Very Good
Light Return (stereo)…..: 0.99 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (mono)..: 0.98 Very Good
(Non) Leakage (stereo).: 1.00 Very Good
Contrast............................: 0.95 Very Good
(Non) FishEye Effect…...: 1.00 Very Good

-----------
IdealScope- In general, the darker pink areas indicate areas of greater light return, with the lighter pink areas indicating areas of lesser light return. The black areas indicate areas of greater contrast, with the gray areas indicating areas of lesser contrast. The white areas indicate areas of light leakage. A good explanation of the IdealScope image along with examples can be found at https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Disclaimer- The facet arrangement and symmetry of the image will probably vary from your actual diamond, which may affect the light performance indicated. The computer generates an image with “perfect” symmetry, which is rare. Also, the star/lower girdle facet lengths may be different from your diamond. The computer simulation is reproduced best when the actual diamond is being viewed and the image "tweaked" to the appearance of the diamond, or Sarin info is downloaded directly into the program. However, this "blind" reproduction should be helpful in considering the major light performance aspects..
-----------

2.00 RBC- Simon.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results