shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond_buyer_2004

Rough_Rock
How many organizations/tools rate cut? Here is my list so far:

1)HCA
2)AGA
3)AGS

Are there any more?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
HCA is a valuable tool. HCA stands for Holloway Cut Advisor, Garry Holloway's creation. It is a very good prediction tool if you have sufficient data to plug in.

AGS is an organization, but the Lab utilizing AGS cut grading for ROUND diamonds is the AGSL, The American Gem Society Laboratory. It is the for profit branch of the other wise non-profit AGS.

AGA is a subsidiary business of D. Atlas & Co., Inc. My family business. We don't make a ton of money appraising or grading, but we are continually attempting to make a profit. Their is a posting I made a day or two ago detailing how I came to make the AGA Cut Class grades back in the later 1980's. You can find it if you search Pricescope under my recent postings. AGA is alone in grading round AND most popular fancy shaped diamonds. AGA provides a cut quality grade and not one directly associated with light return / brilliancy.

Light return issues are an extremely important area that is being addressed by many competing organizations and businesses--INCLUDING MY OWN. The Ideal-Scope (also by Garry Holloway), the Firescope, the BrillianceScope, the ISEE2 are all tools that help one know about light return.
Coming soon will be the tool found on www.imageminc.com.

If you wait a few months the list will continue to grow substantially, I'd bet.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results