shape
carat
color
clarity

cut quality for sides stones of a 3 stone ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

helpwanted

Rough_Rock
I have a center stone of round ideal cut, 0.62 ct. I am also getting 2 0.25 ct round cut side stones to make a 3 stone ring. The side stones are not certified, so I don''t know the cut quality. The online vendor I bought the side stones (I also bought the center from them) said that it is really hard to find certified side stones at that size to have a complete match and it is really more important to have them matched in every parameter (color, clarity- 1 grade lower is acceptable, and dimensions than to match the cut. The cut quality does not make that big of a difference for a stone of 0.25 ct size. He claimed that a 0.25 ct stone of average cut and ideal cut looks almost the same.

The dilemma is: if they are not certified, how can I find out their cut quality?

Is this true that 0.25 side stones are usually not certified (can''t justify the cost)? How would I know whether the side stones are good match for my center stone? I haven''t received them yet, but am eager to find out what you think.

If you can also post some three stone ring mountings here, I would be really appreciative. I am looking for a mounting too!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I wouldn't bother with a report on .25 stones, however, doesn't Whiteflash sell tiny H&A stones?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results