shape
carat
color
clarity

Cut, Price, Report Questions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

haimoc

Rough_Rock
hi all..

I bought a loose round GIA cert's stone with:

F, VVS2
Measurement - 6.96 - 7.01 x 4.23 mm
Weight - 1.23 carat

Depth - 60.6%
Table - 59%
Girdle - Thin to Medium, Faced
Culet and Flourescent - None
Polish - Excelent
Symmetry - Very Good
No laser inscription

Price - $8000.00

1. Does this stone have a good cut and good price? I heard there is somekind of software called DiamondCalc or similar that can do the stone analysis... I am wondering if you could try this for me.

2. If I want to send this stone to GIA and have them to inscript the GIA certificate number on it. How do I do that? Cost? Turn around time? Do I need to remove the stone from the setting first?

3. Can I also request a SARIN report from GIA or the vendor?

Thanks so much for your help and respond..

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
The laser inscription is not a useful thing. Don't feel bad for not having it. You don't want it anyway. Every stone has a "fingerprint" and is readily indentified by the measurements and map of inclusions. You can regognise your stone easily.

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Call Sarin 212-768-0818 and ask them if they can help you find someone in your area that has a Sarin machine.

Or, ask the person who sold you the stone if they have a Sarin machine (most do not as they are expensive, mine did).

haimoc

Rough_Rock
Thanks rsilvers... :tongue:

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
Your stone seems very nice and the online people selling nearly identical stones have them for $8500 or so. While it is true having a Sarin would really let you know exactly how good it is, I am not sure I would bother as it is very likely it would test as excellent.

haimoc

Rough_Rock
Yes, I am just curious about other information of the stone which the GIA report does not have to determine how good the cut of this stone is.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results