shape
carat
color
clarity

cut opinions requested

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Tourmaline - October Birthstone

Hard to judge from a pic I know, but what are the boards thoughts on the cut of this stone?

ETA- be honest- I have nothing invested financially or emotionally. I just like the initial impression it gives me

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cut appears fine. Maybe you are concerned with the window tilt that is apparent on the left side of the stone? This is fairly common and acceptable although there are some who would be bothered by it. However, in terms of colour, I find the tone too dark to be appealing to my eye.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/19/2009 12:15:27 PM
Author: Chrono
Cut appears fine. Maybe you are concerned with the window tilt that is apparent on the left side of the stone? This is fairly common and acceptable although there are some who would be bothered by it. However, in terms of colour, I find the tone too dark to be appealing to my eye.
No the tilt window does not bother me. The stone just seems a bit underpriced and I am wondering what I am missing. I am not nearly as knowledgeable as most on this board and always ask your opinions.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Colour is what determines the bulk of the price. In this case, the body colour is very dark, hence the lower price that you are seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results